Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:05 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I love fishing out of my PA14. I have had it for 4 years. What I thought was a rock solid fishing machine has become somewhat of a money pit. I have had 3 fins break off and a pedal snap off over open water. My latest issue is the deck cracking where the seat supports are anchored. I live in Minnesota so I have one option close to me to get things fixed. While they have been prompt in fixing things, they just keep saying "That never happens". I have tried to patch the deck with gator guard, but it seems like a temporary solution as new cracks are appearing. I fish often( for MN) launching my boat about 100 times a fishing season. I estimate I've pedaled 450 miles this summer. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know if there is a good fix? Is four years the life expectancy of the boat? I look forward to hearing what people think. Once again I love fishing in my Hobie.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:14 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I have the 2013 PA 14 and PA 12 that have had no issues so far. I keep mine on a trailer with the Hobie cradles stored out of the sun. I have read about some people having a crack around the seat area and in the hole for the mirage drive. Sorry to hear about your problems, you might contact Hobie to see if they can help you out on the crack issues.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:42 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thank you for your comments...same here cradles and out of the sun. I will be going to talk with my Hobie dealer soon. Glad to hear you have had no issues.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:00 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Update...talked to my Hobie dealer. Hobie is offering a new hull at a prorated price. Pretty happy with the outcome, hoping that this Hobie lasts more thank 3 plus years.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:11 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Good news on Hobie helping out with a replacement hull. This is just one of the reasons I would never consider going with a different manufacturer. Hobie stands behind their products and have always been helpful to me when I had a question for support.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:58 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Update: Picked up my new hull last week at HI Tempo sports in White Bear Lake, MN. They were nice enough to store it for the winter. It ended up being a 2019 model which was a nice surprise. Hi Tempo was nice enough to transfer depth finder, etc to new hull free of charge. Jeremy and everyone was great! Check out old and new adventures on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB-MZ_ ... subscriber