Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:38 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey everyone, new to the forum and did some searching, but could not find an answer on this. If there is one, please direct me in the right direction. I have a camo PA14 I got this spring, and all I can say is why did I wait so long to get. I just put a Micro Power Pole on it. I know you take the pole out while transport :lol: , but do you guys take the Micro unit off while transport? Thanks!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:08 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I mounted one of those small rubber tool clips (has a single screw hole in the middle) to the left front mounting board. Before I got my Power-Pole Micro, I used to put my stake out pole hooked to that front clip and the other end of the pole on the taco clip (paddle holder) on the left rear side just behind the seat. For the spike I take a small piece of black foam pipe insulation and wrap it around the spike before pushing it down in the taco clip. Works like a charm.

If you are transporting fishing rods, you need to put the in the rod storage before you secure the spike for transport. If you search some of my threads I am sure you will find a picture or two of my setup.

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:23 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I put my pole in the truck, but might look at putting it on the kayak. I went fishing Saturday and I took the micro power unit off my kayak during transport. Is that what all you do or do you leave it on?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:10 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Yes, I always took the motor off on my PA17 as I didn’t want it bouncing around.

If you are doing short 5-10 miles from the house runs it’s probably fine to leave it on just rotate it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk