Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:34 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I recently got the Hobie large fish bag and it fits nicely size-wise on top of the front storage hatch of my PA 14, but I'm trying to figure out how to best secure it so its easy to attach/remove but not sliding around. I've only taken it out once so far and used 2 bungees with carabiner clips at each end...one clip attached to the front carry handle, then bungee run along side of cooler bag and the other clip connected by the accessory mount plate. Same thing on the other side.

Is there a better way to do this? Trying to avoid drilling if possible, but I'm having a tough time coming up with an idea that doesn't involve drilling in anchor points.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:08 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I installed 4 pad eyes and stainless carabiners

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:08 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I struggled with the same thing and finally just moved the fish bag to the rear deck. Then when I got an H-Crate, that had to change again. I decided to convert the front hatch tub to cold storage. I began by skinnying down all the unnecessary gear that had accumulated in the front storage tub and transferred the remainder to the H-Crate. I cut up 2 of those hot-weather reflectorized auto windshield screens to fabricate a removable form-fitting pocket around the front tub, and added another sheet to the inside of the hatch lid. So now my entire front hatch tub is an insulated cooler. I dump in about 2 gallons of ice cubes in the morning, which last a full day even in 80-deg weather. It is plenty deep for limit catches of panfish, walleye & cisco and with some creative folding can hold 90% of the "long" fish I catch on Lake Michigan, including up to about 18# salmon. I now use the fish bag only on the rear deck of my wife's Outback.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk