Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:10 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi, due to lifestyle change I am looking to sell my 2017 Hobie PA12 it is in very good condition. Fully outfitted I have over $5,500 into it including Lowrance Elite 7ti with totalscan, Boonedock Landing gear wheels, Bernies Riverstik, Hobie cover and lots more. I did not use in in 2020 or last 6 months of 2019.

What would be fair price of just the PA12 with original stuff it came with and what a fair price on copmplete rig is I should ask for? Any idea what used ones are going for? I will try to sell as complete unit but will break about extra's if I can't find buyer on fill setup. It's a great fishing set-up with all th research and time to put together already done.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:35 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

It's been my experience that it's hard to sell a "fully loaded" boat without a big loss. I've had the best luck parting out major accessories that can be parted from the kayak easily. For example, the Lowrance Elite will be appealing to kayakers, boaters - should sell quick on the used market. List your boat fully loaded, if you don't get any takers, start dropping the price and remove accessories to sell separately or use as bargaining chips. I think if you sold the PA12 as it came, I bet you'd get $2500.

On the plus side, this is a seller's market right now. Kayaks and accessories are scarce. I had a line to buy my Compass and some accessories I recently sold.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:53 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks, I am having sellers remorse, I didn't put on market yet and really hesitant to do it. I should, but hard to give up even if haven't been using.