Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:22 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

My daughter (and No.1 Crew) is currently working in Albany GA and it looks like she'll be in Augusta GA for at least part of this year. Was thinking about maybe dragging the boat over that way for a regatta and wondering where might be the best place for her to get involved with other Hobie (or other multihull) folks. Any suggestions or other websites sites to get more info? Is MVD still around up there? Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:37 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

You may want to look into Columbia Sailing Club of South Carolina. (Lake Murray) I know they have a pretty active group of cat sailors. It may not be a Hobie majority, but lots of twin hulls. David Mosely would probably be the contact there. There is also some sailing that occasionally takes place on Lake Wateree. Columbia is about 1.5 hours from Augusta. Another option may be Seneca, SC. It's about 2.5, but they have a pretty active racing schedule. Search for Keowee sailing club. Charleston, SC may be another option but it is probably a good 3 hour haul from Augusta.

If she wants to make a 3.5 hour haul in October we would love to have her join us at Lake Waccamaw, NC in October for our annual Indian Summer Regatta. We usually have a pretty large cat fleet.

Hope this helps some. Happy Sailing.

J. Autry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:48 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I meant to mention that I am in NC, so my suggestions are based on what I know that is close by. I feel sure there is some active racing going on in GA somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:19 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Thanks for the replies, James. As it turns out, the move isn't happening.....at least not any time soon. I still hope to make it to one of the events in your area one day, though!