Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:23 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

If you’re like me I’m sure many of you are starting to get boat brain with warm weather around the corner. I wanted to reach out on here and invite all of you east coast North Carolinians to come check out the sailing club at Lake Waccamaw. We have a number of hobies and other catamaran owners at the club and we are always looking to grow our membership and get more people on the water or on the start line during our monthly races.

Lake Waccamaw is a large, shallow, oval-shaped lake in southeastern NC in between Whiteville and Wilmington just off of HWY 74. It is the largest of the natural Carolina bay lakes, believed to have formed during the recession of the ancient seas in the area. Its proximity to the coast means that it is not uncommon to benefit from the summer’s afternoon sea breezes. Until discovering Lake Waccamaw, I had never experienced such stellar conditions on a fresh water body.

The club itself boasts a large covered pavilion, beach launching, mast-up storage, changing rooms, restrooms, warm showers, a kitchen, a long pier, and two concrete boat ramps. We are a fun, casual group and we would love for you to come check out our facilities and consider membership.

If you are interested in more information or have any questions, please do not hesitate to send me a private message.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:43 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Just wanting to bump this up on the thread board.

Our first club race is the fourth Saturday of this month (April). Come and join us!