Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:37 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

We are going to Pueto Vallarta. I would like to rent a Hobie cat and I am having a hard time finding any on line. Can anyone help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:08 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hi Burley, snows disappearing fast now, I just need to get the 3ft. of ice off my lake and we're good to go lol. Two years ago I was there and all I found to rent were waves. I asked around and they found a private guy there who would rent me the boat for $75 per hr. US. The kicker was he had to come along. Not a big deal as I was just with one friend and it was blowing not bad. Really great sailing on the ocean swells.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:47 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Burley Burlando wrote:
We are going to Pueto Vallarta. I would like to rent a Hobie cat and I am having a hard time finding any on line. Can anyone help?

Yes! My friends Theresa and Marco have a couple of 16's for rent in PV. I can't find their website anymore. It was:
http://www.mexonline.com/mtsailingclub.htm

I'll see if I can dig something up.
J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:04 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks for the help. Please do try to find out for me? I read on one site that mtsailing was shut down. You have to have a permit to rent and they did not. Six months has been too long not to sail. I would give my left nut to get out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:03 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Burley Burlando wrote:
Thanks for the help. Please do try to find out for me? I read on one site that mtsailing was shut down. You have to have a permit to rent and they did not. Six months has been too long not to sail. I would give my left nut to get out!

I think they hooked up with a hotel or something. I just gave Theresa a bunch of parts in January, so it was game-on a few months ago. I think she even towed another 16 down there from the bay area, I have an email in to her right now. Stand by...

J

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:15 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I know it's a long shot but, did anyone figure out if there are any hobie cats for rent down there? I'm heading down in Feb. from Seattle and would love to rent a hobie for a couple afternoons.
Thanks!
M