Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:08 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Sounds like your on Board Welcome :!: I have been active Military for the last 21 years now Retired. I was exposed to the hobie way of life in 1976 from a good friends father 8) I have never owned my own hobie til Now While I was in the USN I leaned how to Wind Surf 8) easy to pack up and move when overseas 8) I always lotered around Marina's someone always needs help with Maitenace or Crewing no matter what laguage you speak. I took My oldest son out TODAY for the First time on our 1973 H-16, He is hooked he may not know it but I saw it in his eyes :shock: He helped work on it while I was redoing her bottom and listened to some Old Rock&Roll :!: He is not hooked there :( My better half is totaly supportive of me with Our boat, She was very sceptive
in the begining but when She saw number one brat's face when he got home, I could do no wrong :P so I hung out with my dogs and had a beer and looked at my boat 8)

Todd

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
Dorothy Parker,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:41 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Don't hesitate to get into sailing. I kept saying someday I will get a Hobie and then realized that someday will never come so I bought one. That was 20 years ago and I never regretted it. I am now 71 and can't wait until it gets warm enough to get back out on the wire in strong breeze.

I bought and am partial to the Hobie 16. I single hand it most of the time. I raise the mast alone which is no problem. The best thing you can do is find someone to take you out and learn from them. A friend once told me you can learn all you need to know about sailing in 20 minutes and the rest of your life you spend trying to go faster.

Howard