Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:49 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I am looking for alternatives to the beach launch area on the Dunedin causeway. Is there a public boat ramp close by? I have launched my Getaway from the causeway before but am concerned about how shallow it can get there. I am planning a trip there with about 6 adults and have never had that many on board before. Probably about 800 lbs between us. I also have a 40 lb outboard attached. thanks

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:25 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I normally sail my H16 off the Dunedin Causeway and once you learn where the shallow areas are there are plenty of places to sail in the Inner Coastal or out Hurricane Pass into the Gulf of Mexico.

You could also try launching off the beach at the SE corner of the Sand Key Bridge (Gulf Blvd) in Clearwater. It is right next to the Clearwater Community Sailing Center.

87 H14T
Tortola Sails: 115222
Blue Prism Sails: 88863
Clearwater, FL

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:58 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

This is a long shot, but if any of you guys in the Dunedin area run across a particular hat in a gift shop, there's a $50 finder's fee in it if you can ship one to me.

This is silly, but on our first vacation together, my girlfriend bought a blue-ish fabric ball cap with a fish skeleton smoking a cigar there... I believe it advertised Dunedin, as well. That hat was sacrificed to Davey Jone's Locker on a sailing trip last summer, and she was oddly attached to it. Then again, she's oddly attached to me, and I don't really want her to question such things!

Randii