Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:09 am 
Site Admin

https://hobieclass.com/hobie-cat-company-and-starting-line-sailing-announce-hobie-sailboats-partnership/

The International Hobie Class Association (IHCA) is pleased to announce the following press release. This is an exciting time for the Hobie Class worldwide and we have already had initial discussions with Starting Line Sailing. Starting Line Sailing are also committed to supporting the IHCA and future world championships in its press release. We look forward to working in this partnership with Starting Line Sailing to see the growth of Hobie racing.

Hobie Cat Company has appointed Starting Line Sailing as the new worldwide supplier for all Hobie Sailboats and Genuine Hobie Sailboat Parts and Accessories. This partnership will ensure continued investment in the production and availability of products enjoyed by thousands of sailors around the world. The same dealers and agents will stay involved, and the International Hobie Class Association will continue to coordinate and organize racing and events for Hobie class catamarans.

Hobie and Starting Line Sailing will work together to support the dealer network and the community of those interested in sailing and racing Hobie class catamarans. Direct coordination with the International Hobie Class Association will ensure ongoing support for the Hobie World Championships and the many famous Hobie events loved by sailors around the world.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:04 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I guess change is part of life....

Matt, will you and Michel and others be available for your wealth of knowledge?

Best wishes in your future endeavours

Sail safe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:05 am 
Site Admin

Still an enthusiast!

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:38 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Matt, congrats on your retirement! I hope you get to spend more time on the water than ever.

Can you translate the press release in to layman's terms? Hobie is out of the beach cat business? Starting Line is taking over manufacturing, selling and support of new boats, as well as parts for the old boats? With the Hobie logo?

Hobie still makes kayaks and sunglasses?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:52 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

This is from the Hobie Cat association for North America. It's the most thorough explanation of what's going on.

https://hcana.hobieclass.com/change-is- ... 02hEnZRa08

Jim Clark-Dawe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

I’m pleased to announce that I’ve partnered with the new builder and distributor of Hobie Sailboats: Starting Line Sailing (SLS). The SLS team is working at full speed to get production of boats, parts, and accessories back up and running and out to dealers globally, including operations in Europe. I’ll be serving as an advisor to them on various aspects of Hobie’s products and operations.

Moving forward, SLS will be answering all questions on these Sailing forums via their account: hobie_sls. All posts from that account will come from SLS’s team of sailors and be vetted by me to ensure the best information is being provided to the community.

We look forward to our continued interaction with the Hobie sailing community!

A quick note on Starting Line Sailing:
Starting Line Sailing owns a portfolio of companies manufacturing, distributing and retailing sailboats, parts, apparel, and accessories to support the small boat sailing community. Our team is composed of passionate sailors, experienced leaders, and owners who are focused on growing sailing by keeping it accessible and fun!

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)