Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:37 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Like, how does the main sail lock?

We cannot figure out how this is supposed to work. There are 2 holes in the middle of the head board where a part may have been to engage the hook.

Any pics/assembly manual/knowledge would be appreciated. These kids are having to turn the boat over to rig/derig the main.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:28 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

You might find someone to help at this address: http://www.geocities.com/cctexan99/trac/
If you're out at Lake Hefner sometime Wed or this weekend, I would be interested in taking a look and maybe together we could figure it out. Feel free to call me @ 405.229.8817.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:44 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I have emailed Howie at with the trac14 website but have yet to get an answer

See you at the beach tomorrow

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:04 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

hobieokc wrote:
You might find someone to help at this address: http://www.geocities.com/cctexan99/trac/
If you're out at Lake Hefner sometime Wed or this weekend, I would be interested in taking a look and maybe together we could figure it out. Feel free to call me @ 405.229.8817.

I suspect they will be out on the 4th and over the weekend.

Thanks for the link. Yes, I found that site and probably more useful are these guys: http://www.ms-pyc.com/index.htm. Unfortunately, the guy who will know just got out of the hospital and isn't expected back to work for a week or so. The Howie parts dude does not respond to email or voicemail (so far).

Who are you hobieokc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:37 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

John Mork - Hobie Division 14 OKC Fleet 131 member.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:35 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi John (okc) -

Although I'm not exactly what you'd call a "Trac Cat" expert - I do have a Trac 14, and I put together the Trac Cat Website (www.traccat.com) referred to in the earlier post. I created the website a few years ago, after I bought a Trac catamaran and couldn't find any information about them.

Howard Picard (Howie) is usually pretty good about responding to Trac questions - but with this being a holiday week, there's a good chance that's why he's not online. Howie also lists a telephone number on his index page: You might want to give him a ring instead of an e-mail, and see if that gets you further along.

I own and sail a Trac 14, and many of my answers would probably not apply to your 16-footer. (Sorry!)

A possible solution: On another computer I keep a "Trac Owner Register" - I can contact a couple of our registered Trac 16 owners, and ask if someone can send you an e-mail to begin correspondence. Shoot me an e-mail (joanie at traccat dot com) if you want me to pursue the idea.

Hope this helps -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:37 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

hobieokc wrote:
John Mork - Hobie Division 14 OKC Fleet 131 member.

Hi John. I am Eric Lunceford.

I did get a reply from a guy looking for parts on thebeachcats:

"there is a hook at the top of the mast that catches the clamp on the top of the main sail. provided you have this piece on the top of the main and the corresponding hook at the top of the mast, you simply right the sail, make sure the sail is at the top of the mast and then gently pull the sail down until it catches the hook. the gib works in a similar locking pattern."

So, they are missing a part on the head board. Now, if somebody can shoot us a pic, we can fabricate something.