Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:11 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Here's another newbie question. How do people generally go about fishing lines through the front beam? The end caps on my Tiger only have two small holes through which a bungie was run. The bungie broke and I would like restring it, and some other things, through the front beam. Are the end caps removable at all? They seem to be rather securly glued in place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:55 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Jeff:

The newer tigers have a big hole in the front and the rear endcaps. I think they were added so you could put racks on the boat. I use my tiller extension through the hole to get lines started. Then I use the line that is through to get anything else in. For example I run my jibsheet and downhaul through the same large hole. The jibsheet never comes out unless the whole boat has to come apart. The downhaul has to be taken off each time I lower the mast to trailer it. During setup I tie the downhaul to the jibsheet and pull it through..

I added a through-deck fitting to the front endcap to get the crew trapeze bungee to the front of the boat like you have. I also added one to the back endcaps for mounting a chicken line.

The endcaps come off with the removal of a couple of rivets on each side. Not a big deal.

Later,
Dan