Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:25 pm 
Hobie Team Member

I got a call from our local dealer tonight - he has his Adventures in the house. I'm going to paddle one tomorrow morning (and take a fishing rod along) and we'll see how she turns out. If it's a sale then I'll probably be the first in San Diego - Yarr and Avast - a new pirate afloat. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:02 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

WTG Drew! Be sure to let us know how it works out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:55 pm 
Hobie Team Member

I pedaled the yellow demo boat at Fastlane this morning.

Red looked faster so I took that one. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:01 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Drew wrote:
I pedaled the yellow demo boat at Fastlane this morning.

Red looked faster so I took that one. :D

THATS IT, thats all we get the red one's are faster. Come on Drew tell us what your thoughts are as I am waiting on an orange one. I hope they are fast too. :wink: :D

Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:12 pm 
Hobie Team Member

I loved it - great great boat. Stable and but not overcompensated, fast and smooth over moderate wind chop. I did take a couple splashes over the bow in larger stuff and the nose kinda punches rather than cuts on some wakes, but it really rocked my world.

I was pedaling at a moderate "cruisin" pace into 12kt winds and clocking between 3.3 and 3.5 mph - that's amazing. I was able to kick it up to almost 6 INTO the wind.

The deck layout, albeit nothing compared to a paddling fishing machine like the eXtreme, is pretty good. Hobie did it right when they created little flat spots on either side of the pedals that will fit a Scotty mount. I'm a trolling freak so this was almost a deal breaker for me - those little spots made the difference in my purchase.

The tankwell is awesome! I'm psyched - gonna fish it in a tournament in Newport Harbor on the 29th, pedal my way to victory!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:01 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Great report Drew! As you add your mods, Scotty mounts, etc., keep a record with some pics, and update us as you go. If you don't yet have a digital camera, here's your chance to round out that part of your education too! :mrgreen:

BTW, where are you located? Is that Newport Harbor as in SoCal? If so, that is where I grew up--even with all the people, it is still a pretty neat place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:00 pm 
Hobie Team Member

It's a guarantee I'll document the process of outfitting the boat...
http://www.plasticnavy.com/ my site.

I live in San Diego and fish a ton off La Jolla and in Mission and San Diego bays. Mostly a saltwater bass angler.

Newport is a fun harbor to fish a couple times a year - lots of yoohoos up there who aren't used to seeing kayaks. I feel like the motorcyclists on the freeway, we need signs or bumperstickers like they have. "Start Seeing Kayakers"...

I wonder if when I start sailing my hobie if I'll develop an unquenchable thirst for mimosas. (too many near misses with sailboats for me)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:35 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I hear ya, but watch those mimosas! I'm a margarita fan myself. Have fun with the new boat, and I know you will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:12 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Treetop, I too am waiting on an orange Adventure. Made my down payment Monday a week ago after my trial paddle. Hobie told my dealer, when he called the order in, that all the Adventure production through November was sold out. I may have my Adventure by Christmas. No worries though, I have my Quest to keep me occupied until then!
llt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:27 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Drew

Great report, can't wait to see the rigging pic's. I really like the Ram tube on my P15 any place to mount one on the BigA?

kytflyr

Just read on KFS that a shipment left Wed and they should be in by early next week. Can't wait. I don't know how quick I'll be rigging her out but will post pic's as I go. I have my P15 still ready to go. Decisions, decisions which to take today.

Paul