Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Easy Righting Line
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:30 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

OK So I picked up the easy righting line for my H17 and installed it last night but I was unsure about hte routing. The directions were pretty vague. Should the line be on the inside or outside of the wings and shroud. The instructions said to go around the front wing post so do I wrap it around once or just go to the outside of the wing? Also across the front, I am assuming it goes behind the dolphin striker.

Can anybody advise if I am on the right track?

Thanks
Doug

Post subject: Re: Easy Righting Line
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:30 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

That's how I have it - go around the outside of everything, behind the dolphin striker upright, and back down the other side tied off on the rear wing support. It also helps keep line on board a little bit by giving you a perimeter of rope.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:01 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I use the same system, but rig it differently. I secured each of the 2 white rings with small rope loops to the shackles (beneath the tramp) holding the front corners the tramp. I added 2 short rope loops with plastic hooks (with retainers) to the under side lacings of the rear tramp (each about a foot in from either hull). I tie one end of the easy right line to the starboard rear tramp lines nearest the hull, then thread the starboard ring at the front of the tramp, then bring the easy right line back to the starboard loop hooked into the underside of the rear tramp lacing (1 foot in) over to the other (port loop) then up to the port ring and finally down to the rear lacings nearest the port hull. When flipped I have easy access to the whole system. I just release one of the hooks (opposite the hull I'm going to stand on) and lean out. I don't even try to put the line over the hull (I weigh 200 lbs and don't need the added leverage gained by pulling the line over the hull). Once righted I just reach under the rear corss beam and rehook the loop. Using this method has worked well for me and the system is completely out of the way when under sail. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:15 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I like that !!! A little hard to picture but I think I got it - thanks!