Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:11 am 
Hobie Team Member

A paddle maybe?

Actually I was searching for some way of stabilizing the Big A so I could fight fish standing up. Be interesting to see how Hobie's inflatable outriggers for the sail rig act compared to the above.

You wouldn't paddle with this mounted. I envisioned towing it and then rigging it at the place I wanted to fish.

I strapped this baby down for a test by running the strap under the hull and using an addition line to secure it fore & aft.(Sorry no photos)

Very stable when moving around to fish over the side. But the BigA is stable enough to do that anyway. The rig could possibly provide enough stability to mount a minature fighting chair on the mast step-....maybe. But even though I could standup fairly easily I would not want to do anything except keep balanced. It would be too rocky out where the chop & swells are to try to fish standing up..

I can us everything here however. Maybe I'll try to construct a mahi mahi log, or a small Fish Aggrevating Device (FAD) and sink it somewhere. Then again I can use the bamboo to make lure holders. We'll see what happens.