Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Love my Hobie Adventure
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:58 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I love my new Adventure Kayak. It is way more fun than my paddle only kayak. I have covered so much more distance in less time with the mirage drive system than paddle. It is also a blast to sail. Specially downwind. In 10-15 mph wind I have seen speed of 6-7 with the pitot tube speedometer.I love to sail it in the shallow water of Biscayne bay away from all boat traffic. I feel like I can reach down and touch the sea grass and the fish in it. what a feeling! It is the best all around water toy. So simple to setup I am on the water in no time at all. Even easier than my power boat, jetski or catamaran. My friends and family tried it and love it. This is my third week with my Adventure. I take it out 3 or 4 times a week. I love it even more each time I am out on it. I highly recommend it to any one who loves the water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:20 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

That is so good to hear. I got my new Adventure five days ago. I haven't had a chance to take it out yet. The water is too cold here anyway yet. So all I have been doing is dreaming about passagemaking. I have the sail and daggerboard for it. Eventually I'll have it out on Lake Superior. I'm really looking forward to it. I sold my sailboat last fall and now I'm really glad I have something else to take sailing.

It's good to read your post because I think more people post when they have a problem, which gives an erroneous impression of how much trouble there is with the kayak overall. I'm not expecting any problems.

Post subject: one thing to consider
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:30 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I love my Adventure too. I will say this about reaching down and touching the water and the fishes. One thing to consider is that they ( as in monster alligators) can possibly reach up and touch you. :shock: see my post on KFS the Beast from the Satilla http://kfs.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/948607442/m/1711092022
d duffe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:06 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I think Hobie is at the right time to develop a new generation of personal sailing craft. With Hobie awsome expertise in making sailing catamaran and mirage drive powered kayak. Imagine a personal size sport trimaran with hight tech sail capable of acheiving catamaran speed and mirage drive for alternative power. A whole new generation of sailor would love to buy such a craft.
Easier to setup than a catamaran faster than a kayak. A sailor kayaker's dream and a killer product for Hobie.