Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fishing setup
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:57 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

So I know the i12s isn't designed for fishing specifically, but I am interested in doing some light stuff. The only two things I'm curious about is what any of you have done for rod holders and fish finders. I know the i-accessory kit with Scotty rod holder is available, and Humminbird has a really nice 140c portable unit. Just curious if anyone has used some different setups.

Also, the hole for the sailing mast in the floor, what diameter pipe fits in there firmly?

Post subject: Re: Fishing setup
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:41 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

More importantly what are my transducer mounting options with an inflatable?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:47 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Attach a frame on the i-accessory kit that will allow you to attach an arm out over the side that will have an extension that will lower into the water with the transducer attached to. Remember the extension arm and down extension must be ridgid to keep the transducer in place and pointing down... I do not have pictures for this explaination. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:53 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

The arm method seems to be the way to go. Hopefully I can build a bracket that will swivel to come out of the water when I'm not using it. Seems like I saw a setup like that somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:02 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm using a suction cup to mount the transducer to the bottom of my inflatable (you can get a kit from Bass Pro Shops). I've never had it come off in rough seas and the images look perfect. I think you may be able to glue the transducer to the inside of hull within the forward hatch between the inflated compartments, I've been meaning to try this but I forget about it when I'm on the water.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:03 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm using a suction cup to mount the transducer to the bottom of my inflatable (you can get a kit from Bass Pro Shops). I've never had it come off in rough seas and the images look perfect. I think you may be able to glue the transducer to the inside of hull within the forward hatch between the inflated compartments, I've been meaning to try this but I forget about it when I'm on the water.