Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:18 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

hello everyone new to the forum i got to say i love my pa nothing but good times i get out every time a can i've up graded the steering drum & the steering its like night & day but my girls pa is starting to tare left side of the seat is this a common problem with pa they are just over a year old i store them flat in the garage and keep them in perfect shape and maintained

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:49 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I've never heard of any tears in the hull along the seat, unless someone had been sitting in the seat, possibly playing around (rocking back and forth or side to side) while the PA was out of the water and sitting on a hard surface, like on a concrete floor in a garage...And I'm not saying that this is the case with your PA..;)..I'm only using that one example of how a PA may be damaged in the way you described... Uneven force distribution against the hull. In other words...Too much downward force focused in a small area when on dry land, comapred to a more spread out force through the entire hull (even force distribution) when in the water...Thats my theory anyway...;)
Check with your dealer. Maybe it is something that Hobie will repair for free, being that your PA is not that old. Good luck

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Do you have pics?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:12 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I do not have that problem but I have heard of some with this problem and seen one that was returned to a dealer with the same problem. Talk to your dealer about it and see what they can do.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:41 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Heard of another this weekend at club gathering and it was replaced thru the dealer with help from Hobie.