Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:01 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Greetings all!

I just brought home a new Wave. It was actually previously mentioned on this forum.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11785

It's an '02 Club that has never seen water. I gave significantly less than that for it with a Carnai trailer. However, it had been sitting outside for a few years. The shop owner said that someone had stolen the entire rudder system, but he had a pair of rudders with the aluminum casting he included. Also, all of the rigging is missing, so I'll have to piece together shrouds, a sheeting system, and a bob (necessity?). I've already seen most of what I need is available on ebay.

I used to sail a H14 about 25 years ago, so I'm looking forward to the wave. I'll be sailing in the southern Illinois, Indiana area with occasional jaunts to KY Lake, so I look forward to meeting some of you in the near future.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:47 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Wabash Wave - congrats on the new boat and good luck getting the parts you need to put it together. I just picked up a 2000 wave, having sailed an H-16 at least 25 years ago. The Wave is great fun, and although not as fast as the 16, it does have enough speed to remind me that it is a Hobie!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi SCWave,

How's that new Hobie working out for you? I'm chomping at the bit to get mine on the water. It may be a while, though. In the meantime, enjoy yours a little on my behalf.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:30 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Ahoy Wabash Wave,

We're having a great time with the Wave! In lighter winds, the grandkids really like dragging along on a rope and hanging on to the forward crossbar. When the wind picks up, they move forward on the tramp to get splashed. They surely don't get the the concept of pitchpoling.

Hope you get on the water soon.