Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:48 am 
Site Admin

Where are you located?

We shipped rudders to each and every registered owner last spring... then shipped the rest to the dealers who purchased the boats. Australia started shipping replacements to dealers and owners this summer / (Aussie) winter.

Check with your dealer.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:10 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just bought the TI 2 weeks ago. Registered 2 weeks ago online.
I am located in auckland NZ and am just wanting to ensure a kiwi's on the way.

Many thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:59 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

mmiller wrote:
Where are you located?

We shipped rudders to each and every registered owner last spring... then shipped the rest to the dealers who purchased the boats. Australia started shipping replacements to dealers and owners this summer / (Aussie) winter.

Check with your dealer.

Matt - as best I can tell, only two owners have reported receiving their replacement rudders in Australia so far. This seems to be taking an extraordinarily long time and we all continue to wait patiently as our peak summer season rapidly approaches.
I emailed Hobie Australia with all relevant details of my two boats and specifically asked when I might expect to receive the rudders - about a month ago - but got no acknowledgement whatsoever.
Maybe they respond better to phone calls than emails :roll:

I should add that I did receive a reply from the dealer I bought the AI from - after 3 weeks - advising me that Hobie Australia would be sending them out shortly (I had been told exactly the same thing late last May). That dealer also stated that he was unable to provide any support for my TI because it was bought from another dealer (who has since ceased business).
I wasn't seeking any form of support but would expect that I can seek warranty assistance from any dealer (given that the original dealer is now out of business). :roll:

Adventure Island Sailing since 2008

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:24 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Mickey,
I too am yet to receive the replacement rudders. :(
Back in June I emailed Hobie Aus with details of both AI/TI hulls, as our local dealer had closed as well.
I did get an acknowledgement from Steve confirming I was in the system.
I requested the rudders be sent to me directly. I'm hoping the delay is caused by a backlog and not a system fault. Not sure what the queue criteria was for being sent the new rudder? It can't have been based on first owners first served as my TI was one of the earliest in Aus. It's frustrating when QLD and WA owners have received theirs and we who are much closer to Hobie HQ are still waiting. :roll:
Maybe it's based on best climate first served! :)
PS: Re warranty support- That dealer has given you wrong info. All dealers are supposed to offer Hobie warranty support. I have made claims at other dealers when on holidays and have been given great support. Since our dealer closed the next closest dealer has been very supportive and has replaced the TI crossbar, socket screw, iComfort seats and AI hull at no cost to me! 8)
PPS: Careful with those rolling eyes or the Hall monitor will be on to you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sure that Hobie Aus will provide warranty service if needed.

Keep bugging your dealer if needed. I can't help from here in the US.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:21 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Mickey & Stringy, Steve Fields from Hobie Australia posted to this thread earlier:
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=35376&p=157211#p157211
Why don't you try PM'ing him? I found him very helpful on an earlier issue.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:35 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Chris - I just PM'd Steve :wink:
Here's hoping we can all find out just when we might expect them.
Stringy - I'll try to refrain from excessive use of :roll: :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:37 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

So have I.
(Thanks Chris for the suggestion)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:58 am 
Site Rank - Captain

stringy wrote:
Maybe it's based on best climate first served! :)

I have yet to fit mine still, but I was informed by Steve Field the distribution was based on good looks and intelligence! :wink:

edit: I should add best looking and most intelligent first, before anybody suggests it was reverse order :lol:

as an aside I attended the Mandurah Boat show last weekend and the Hobie staff gave me some good advice on fitting the rudder and other queries I had, Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:08 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

jms2756 wrote:

as an aside I attended the Mandurah Boat show last weekend and the Hobie staff gave me some good advice on fitting the rudder and other queries I had, Thanks guys!

Was the advice any different to the video instructions ?
I would prefer to fit mine using the original lines - which I know a couple of forum members have managed to do.

Stringy - good news! I got a reply from Steve at 5am today informing me the rudders have been shipped and i should get the today or Monday 8)
Hope you got the same news :wink:
Thanks ChrisJ :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:35 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi everyone (Aus) we have been shipping rudder kits for the last three week at a rate of a 100 or so each week. By now or today (Friday in Australia) 98% of all customers should or will have the upgrades this week or today.

Each day we get back some 10 or so kits as the information provided to us is incorrect or people move.

I ask that you wait until Wed next week, Oct 26 and if you have not rec'vd the upgrade just fire me an email at [email protected] and provide name, address, hull#

All the best

Steve

http://www.hobiecat.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:37 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

mickeymouse wrote:
I would prefer to fit mine using the original lines - which I know a couple of forum members have managed to do.

The advice was the same as the video but with the added info that the lines can still be routed around the hatch utilising the padeyes that are already fitted. thereby allowing the hatch to still be used.

Also that it is better to use the lines supplied as they are stronger and a better fit in the guides.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:30 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Steve Fields wrote:
Hi everyone (Aus) we have been shipping rudder kits for the last three week at a rate of a 100 or so each week. By now or today (Friday in Australia) 98% of all customers should or will have the upgrades this week or today.

Each day we get back some 10 or so kits as the information provided to us is incorrect or people move.

I ask that you wait until Wed next week, Oct 26 and if you have not rec'vd the upgrade just fire me an email at [email protected] and provide name, address, hull#

All the best

Steve

Thanks Steve & Hobie. Mine arrived this morning...Pirate :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:06 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

jms2756 wrote:
mickeymouse wrote:

The advice was the same as the video but with the added info that the lines can still be routed around the hatch utilising the padeyes that are already fitted. thereby allowing the hatch to still be used.

Also that it is better to use the lines supplied as they are stronger and a better fit in the guides.

jms2756 - Thanks for sharing and prompt reply 8)
That is very useful and timely information - as my two rudders arrived this morning along with everyone else in this region that I have spoken to today 8) :D
We are all planning on getting together at my place and having a rudder upgrade installation party - probably early next week due to various commitments/activities.

I guess we can always link this historic day with the death of Gadaffi - might be an annual day of celebration :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:13 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

mickeymouse wrote:
We are all planning on getting together at my place and having a rudder upgrade installation party - probably early next week due to various commitments/activities.

Better get the rudders installed before you break out the red Mickey. :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next