Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:04 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have to wonder if others like me exist in AZ....I never thought about it when I first got my Pro Angler but you end up spending a lot of time on the lakes all by yourself. Now this isn't bad sometimes after a week of people streaming through my office...... but it would be nice to partner up with some folks that enjoy fishing and do some trips together. I searched the web and their isn't much on any kayaking clubs in this state. Is anybody out their interested or knowledgeable about kayaking clubs here?
Thx,
Jack
Phoenix Area

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:42 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Hey Jack,

I picked up a Mirage Adventure in May, but haven't fished from it yet. I was hoping to make it up to Lake Mary in September when the pike start hitting. There's a brand new kayaking group in the Phoenix area called the Desert Mountain Paddlers. We are very active, but short on fishermen.

http://www.meetup.com/Desert-Mountain-Paddlers/

I'm hoping to make it out to Saguaro this Thursday or Friday. Mainly to sail the yak, but I'll be bringing my tackle with.

Bob in Mesa

Last edited by dregsfan on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:39 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks for that link Bob, I'll be looking them up for sure. My next trip out was to try a new Trailex trailer and a new sail too. I've been avoiding Saguaro during the summer months....lots of activity on that lake, especially near the ramps. You can put in at Butcher Jones off the beach however. Roosevelt and Bartlet have been more accommodating and fish-worthy for me. I hear Lake Mary's rainbow population is down and pike are really huge. Just use a spoon with rainbow colors (LOL). Feel free to email me if you ever need a fishing buddy.
Jack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:52 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I fish in AZ using an i12s inflatable pedal kayak. I live in Scottsdale so in summertime I go after work to worm at Bartlet sometimes. I watch the sunset and catch a bass for dinner. I put in at the marina ramp and pedal toward rattlesnake cove staying close to the shore. I rigged nav lights as usually I come in after dark. It's beautiful that time in the summer!
I just came back from reservation lake this weekend. It's late October but Sat and Sun were nice. I was with a group of friends who were electric trolling in 14ft aluminum boats. I could troll as fast without much effort in the i12s. The wind was calm so it was like a leisurely bike ride with a fish catch now and then. The fish were small but the fun was big! The wind came up Sunday and the chop started splashing me... brrrr, time to go in!
Now I'm thinking maybe I can troll swim bait at Saguaro when they stalk trout. I here big bass are caught this way in the fall.
The pro angler looks cool! Let me know what you're up to. Maybe we should "hook up" on some fish sometime.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:12 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi Jelaird and all you other kayak anglers in Arizona!!!

I just stumbled onto this forum and just wanted to let you know I have been kayak fishing in Arizona for 5 years now. From Lake Powell on the north part of the state down to Parker Canyon Lake near the Mexican border. My favorite fishing spots are up in the White Mountains. I have created a Yahoo group called:

Arizona Kayak Fishing Group - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AZKFG/
and for those on Facebook, I have a group called:
Arizona Kayak Fishing Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/107142135998869/

I just got back from a nice Fishing Trip up to Hawley Lake and caught some Nice Brown Trout! :-) My favorite fish to catch in AZ.
Let's hook up and plan some trips!!!

Cheers!!!
Ed Elefante
Tight Lines ............ <'))))»•{

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:25 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

jelaird, I fish as often as i can mostly at Canyon Lake...beautiful lake with the sheer cliffs, desert bighorn sheep, bald eagles, javelina, deer, etc...I have a pro angler also and love it! Keep in touch and let me know how you are progressing....g man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:07 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Tempe Town Lake has a ton of fish and it is close. Usually very little boat traffic during the week. I go after work for a couple of hours and relax. If you live in Scottsdale or close by you can also use chaparral Park Lake.

Have fun

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:37 am 
Site Rank - Captain

The Phoeniz area lakes attract me when the weather in NM is too cold to sail my AI, and fish, but mostly I'm a sailor. At which of the area lakes is the late fall, winter and early spring weather dependably, invitingly pleasant? Are any of the area lakes comparatively uncrowded at these times? Insights will be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:34 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I live in Page, AZ (right next to Powell)....no yak yet but hoping to get one in the near future after I resolve some financial issues. Hopeing to snag a PA and a Revo or OB for my Mrs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:31 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello. Am about 4 weeks away from getting wife Revo 11 and me a Revo 13, live in Chino Valley, Az. I am hoping to meet with other kayak fishermen. Let me know if you would like to meet at a lake soon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:44 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just got our Revos, hers 11 mine 13. Went to Bartlett, caught a few. Nothing big, but it will happen. Anyone planning on fishing Az soon ?