Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:36 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Haven't really had much feed back from my system but it has been installed on two PA's do far and it works great. If you keep looking on here you can find it. Think the title is minn Kota on a PA!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:02 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

"I just know any day now, Tom is going to post his official product and where we can send our money for his system."

Bwhahahaha .........

Dude, you just made me spit my coffee ...........
Now that's funny ....... I don't care who you are ....... that's funny ...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:12 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I know a good many guys are wanting it, but like I said, I'll never manufacture or sell it. In fact, I've already returned two $500 checks from folks here who apparently thought the money would somehow entice or convince me to quit my regular job and go into the PA motor business.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:31 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Ok Tom .......... I've go the perfect Manufacturer's for you ......... Yakattack. They manufacture the best lights and mounts in the Industry. In fact, Hobie just started carrying them. I spoke with the owner and he said he is will to talk to you about it. He has a manufacturing background and a company to market it and knows the right people to get it into the other Kayak supply companies for immediate sales ........

I will email you his name and email address.

Time to get this thing on the market and stop talking about it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:06 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I'l be happy to talk to him and find it if he's really serious about it or not.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:30 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Ok ....... well I PM'd you his email address, I spoke with him personally and he's waiting for you to contact him. Good Luck .......

Oh and if it goes well, I know an author and Kayak TV host that might be able to give you some exposure ..........

Oh ....... and my fee is a unit for each of my 2 PA's ......... and a lifetime subscription to Rodmaker Mag

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:55 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

As I've said, I'm not interesting in pursuing this as a business venture. I designed and built it for myself and a fishing buddy, not as something to manufacture or sell.

If someone else wishes to step up to the plate and take it on, I'll be happy to discuss it with them. Thus far the folks who have asked me about it have made it plain that they're not about to offer any money for intellectual property, or flat out stated that they don't have the funds to manufacture and distribute it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:05 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Memory Maker wrote:
Ok Tom .......... I've go the perfect Manufacturer's for you ......... Yakattack. They manufacture the best lights and mounts in the Industry. In fact, Hobie just started carrying them. I spoke with the owner and he said he is will to talk to you about it. He has a manufacturing background and a company to market it and knows the right people to get it into the other Kayak supply companies for immediate sales ........

I will email you his name and email address.

Time to get this thing on the market and stop talking about it.

+1
Luther is the right guy!!! Great, growing, innovative company!!

http://www.thehobielife.blogspot.com

AFTCO, Kanan Lures, Astral Buoyancy and Alltackle.com Pro Staff
2012 Yellow Pro Angler 12 and 2014 Pro Angler 12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:26 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

We had a brief conversation yesterday. He has an interest, but doesn't want to get involved in a product offering that doesn't have some sort of intellectual property protection - nobody wants to spend the money to ramp up and start manufacturing something only to have another firm immediately rip it off.

I really have no interest in spending the money for a patent, although I am going to look into the "provisional patent pending" idea he mentioned. If I do anything in that regard he may then consider doing something with it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:58 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Has anyone ever looked at an engine mounted system similar to that pictured in this topic (http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=37081) mounted to the rudder of their PA?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:36 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Thanks Tom ........ just trying to achieve a mutually beneficial arrangement for all .......... for you and Luther to make some money and a good product for the rest of us ........

I have several trolling engines and will soon have a Torqeedo Ultralight and maybe something more powerful ....... but I'm always looking for the best solution

Us old farts need help getting to and fro safely and efficiently

Just remember my commission above when it happens