Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:23 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

onehandsailor wrote:

Very simple, I'm planing to instal an inner tube that will telescope to the desired lengh so it could be used from any of the trampolines, since it's Carbon fiber it's feather lite. I would not trust applying more leverage to the little lever if the spectra brakes your on foot.

can you please post up pics when your finished. i may contract you to make an additional one if you don't mind :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:57 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Thanks for the pics of your 'backyard'. What a great spot. We often get to see Chekika's pics who lives in that part of the world. Ideal Hobie Country.

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:41 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Onehandsailor, a group of us got together on Key Largo about 1.5 yrs ago. We went out to Nest Key, which looks like where you were camping . I wrote up a little story about it:
http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=8187&p=112025&hilit=Nest+Key#p112025

Scroll down until you get to the title 2 Days Sailing in Florida Bay Off Key Largo, June 29-30, 2010

We are planning to do a trip out of Chokoloskee to Pavilion Key on March 16-18. Why not plan to join us? A preliminary announcement is at
http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=8187&p=167460#p167460

If you drop me a line at kwellma at bellsouth dot net, I'll add you to my list of AI/TI people who like to camp, and notify you when we have trips planned.

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:52 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Ok Keith count me in, I'll drop you a line.
I noticed you where tacking your way back to largo thru the pass at Shell key very shallow there at the pass.
Before I got the TI I was sailing a larger fiberglass Tri and going thru the pass at shell key we had to get off the boat and push it thru in low tide.
I'm going camping to Nest key again this weekend, I launch at the marina next to Florida outfitters.

Gil.