Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New revolution 11 owner
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:33 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

After trying a revolution 13 this past summer, I had to get one! I sprung for the 2012 revolution 11.

I have already added Gear tracs to both sides, a rod holder, and a new lowrance elite 4x. It looks great, but the weather has been cool. I hope to have my maiden launch by the end of this month. The revo 11 fit perfectly on my wall in the garage. It is much easier to place on my rack system than my old canoe. I will post pics soon. This forum helped me solidify my decision, and helped in my accesories choices!

1 other kayak for son

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:39 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Nice buy! I am thinking I want a Revo soon. Bring it here to AZ and I'll use it for you till it warms up for you... just trying to help...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:25 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Congrats on the new Revo - I hope more folks take advantage of the YakAttack GearTracs. They are perfect for the Hobies as well as other brands. Luther is also in the process of finalizing a narrower GearTrac geared towards folks like Hobie owners with narrow gunnels. Keep an eye out......

By the way, the new 2012 Hobie Accessory catalog has the full GearTrac and accessory lineup on pg. 30 :wink: :wink:

PowerTeam Lures - deadly on bass!!! use promo code "HANOVER" at checkout for a 15% discount

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:32 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks for the replies!
I live just outside the Adirondacks and I have been kayaking and canoeing the many lakes and rivers for years. This is a perfect place to get away for a weekend and enjoy the sites and of course fishing in such a beautiful landscape. The locations are endless here! I have two trips already planned. Now I need some sun and warmer waters :D

1 other kayak for son

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:52 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

After living years up North, I can feel your pain as you wait for warmer temperatures. Fortunately, after retirement I decided I was tired of that stuff and moved down to Corpus Christi. Now I'm not trying to brag and I have no intent of making you feel bad but...........today's water temperature at Port Aransas, Tx. was 78.4 degrees. I hate to say this but some of my best kayaking days are right smack in the middle of winter. So why not consider a trip south to help with your wait for warmer temps. The natives are basically friendly and the BBQ is great. :D