Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:44 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Anyone know if these will be available at the very start of June or if "Will be available in June" means that we'll start seeing them at dealers in late June/Early July?

Last week I went to look at the Pro Angler 14 and have been squirreling money away for about 6 months (I drive a mid-sized Coupe so I needed to save up to buy a trailer as well).
Would've pulled the trigger but had to get my garage cleaned up a bit. Next day news of the Pro Angler 12 was announced and now I'm thinking about holding off on a purchase until June.

I might be willing to hold off until early June - but heck, if I get the pro-angler in July it'll be awefully hot in Florida by then.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:35 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

If you already know that you're going to be utilizing a trailer, and that you have access to waters where you can use that trailer, the 14 may be the better bet for you anyway. Once you get the boat on the water, the extra 2 feet in length (along with everything else that you gain with those 2 feet) will never hinder you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:14 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I just have to say that BOY I'm glad I waited for 2 reasons....first, the 12 looks pretty nice, but 2nd, that means the 14 will probably drop some in price....I hope :o)

I'm pumped

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:06 am 
Site Rank - Captain

CurtnAz wrote:
I just have to say that BOY I'm glad I waited for 2 reasons....first, the 12 looks pretty nice, but 2nd, that means the 14 will probably drop some in price....I hope :o)

If I were a betting man...you will never see a price drop and if the PA14 gets revamped in the near future...it certainly will only go up in price.

As I really do like the way it PA12 is layed out...buying one and adding it as a second "fishing vessel" is a little over my head at this time.

BUT...as a current PA14 owner...and after all the accessories put on it...content with enjoying what I have.