Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:09 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Has anyone seen the new PA12's at the dealers yet? Last I heard they should be arriving at the dealers around this time.

Are any Hobie employees able to comment on specifics of production? Will they be available earlier than June? And if not, should we expect to see them in early June or late June?

I'm itching to get back on the water but want to be able to make a good decision on whether a 12 or 14 suits me more.
Had an ultimate in the past, both 12 and 14 - and although the 14 offered more room and was a little bit speedier on the water it was a lot more work to launch and clean. Want to make sure I get a kayak that is a good balance between convenience and fishing experience.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:30 pm 
Hobie Tech / Moderator

They should start shipping in the second half of the month. There are a lot of hulls built now that are waiting to be outfitted. I would expect the first ones to begin arriving in showrooms by the end of the month or the very beginning of June.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:45 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Awesome, good to hear. Hopefully by the end of the month I'll be out fishing on my new PA.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:10 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

We're expecting ours the end of May here in MD at Backyard Boats!!! Can't wait!!!

http://www.thehobielife.blogspot.com

AFTCO, Kanan Lures, Astral Buoyancy and Alltackle.com Pro Staff
2012 Yellow Pro Angler 12 and 2014 Pro Angler 12

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:14 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Talked to my dealer today who talked to Hobie. MINE ships out on the 15th of this month....

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:05 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Nice,

I wonder if the May 15th shipping is for the 2 per dealer allotment or if this is the full allotment shipping.

I guess that's a question for the Hobie employees.
Is the Hobie PA 12 production able to fulfill full orders or are they still being rationed?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:21 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

We are taking orders now for July shipment if that tells you anything...

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:26 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Well that's definitely good news for Hobie, hopefully demand doesn't taper off.
Glad I put in a deposit for my PA12 a couple of days after the news was announced. Dealer told me several people already came in asking about the new model but I was the first to put down a deposit.
Hopefully there will be more than 2 per dealership, even if there is 3 - I will be guaranteed the 3rd. Dealer plans to use the first two as demo units :cry:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:06 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I wanted to ask the source. Heard a rumor that now the initial 2 per dealer are being pushed back to July. I put a deposit on one of them here in FL, and was told at that time June 15th or better. Can any Hobie guys shed light on this filthy nasty rumor?

Snapper season is only 40 days and I want to bag some in the new PA!

President - Gulf Coast Kayak Fishing Association

Like us on Facebook!

Check out my PA12 mods HERE

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:18 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

We have never made any announcements of pushing back the introduction date- so I'd say check your 'rumor' source again... doesn't sound like something we said.

I can't comment on how many each dealer will receive - obviously there will be delays in getting as many out there as ordered (at least initially) - early demand will be a difficult thing to fully address, but with time we'll be able to get the pipeline filled.

Keep in mind this is just 1 product, and we build all of the other kayaks and rotomolded sailboats together at the same time, and there's only so much production time available (oven and assembly time) to share between all of our product lines. Everyone is working hard to get the products to our dealers on time - so keep an eye out. (and we only have 1 x mold for the PA 12 at this time) compared to 4 molds dedicated for the outback alone, so it will be something that we will ramp up over time.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:12 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks for the update Jaques. I'm sure it's all hands on deck at oceanside right now. Keep up the good work!

President - Gulf Coast Kayak Fishing Association

Like us on Facebook!

Check out my PA12 mods HERE

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:43 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

gatorling wrote:
Nice,

I wonder if the May 15th shipping is for the 2 per dealer allotment or if this is the full allotment shipping.

I guess that's a question for the Hobie employees.
Is the Hobie PA 12 production able to fulfill full orders or are they still being rationed?

I know the dealer here is only able to get 2 on this shipping..

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:51 am 
Site Rank - Captain

BillyH wrote:

Hopefully my dealer was able to get more. He claims to be the top grossing Hobie dealer in Florida.
Hoping that 3 PA12's arrive late May! If not I'm guessing the next time a shipment will arrive is late June/Early July.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:57 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

gatorling wrote:
BillyH wrote:

Hopefully my dealer was able to get more. He claims to be the top grossing Hobie dealer in Florida.
Hoping that 3 PA12's arrive late May! If not I'm guessing the next time a shipment will arrive is late June/Early July.

I just bought my son a Revo 13 in Florida. He lives in Daytona Beach so I couldnt see buying it here and shipping to Florida. Besides I was able to really surprise him. Thanks to the guys at Sandy Point Outdoors in Daytona Beach..great folks

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:29 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Stopped by my dealer last night and got an update from their pov. they think that the whole 2 per dealer thing kinda fell through because of production limits due to the new seat. They're expecting shipments to go out late May and arrival around late May to early June.
Not sure of how many will actually arrive but as long as more than one arrive I'm first on the list for the first one they'll put up for retail. Hoping that shipments start early next week!