Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:22 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Lucky 7’s, Hobie Fleet 297 fun day at the lake, Saturday 7/7/12
We are betting on a weekend of fun as we are planning to win big with at the KSA lot/beach, Bloomington East Park, Clinton Lake

12:00 noon: Boats getting rigged and on water.

(We encourage everyone to bring your boat and join us... Or.. if you don't have a boat.. Come join us anyway. We will get you on the water and make certain you have a Hobie Day!)

2:00: Sailing Games….

4:00: Practice Race Course setup on the lake for a casual environment to hone your skills.

6:00: Pot Luck BBQ Dinner at KSA beach

7:00: Hobie University ( Experienced Sailors will be on hand all day to teach everything from basic rigging and knots to all the little tips and tricks to make your boat faster and more enjoyable. )

11:11: Full Moon Sail

Then for the luckiest of us....

Camping Saturday Night. We have already reserved all of the 'waterfront' campsites in the Hickory Campground for Fleet Use. please RSVP with Ron Holm,

Sailing again on Sunday

Follow the link for a map

http://www.fleet297.org/location.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:47 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I just a reminder about of Fleet Fun day THIS COMING SATURDAY!!!

oh.. and I need to update some of the info.

First I did mention there is going to be experienced sailors on hand to help teach Hobie University. I guess I should clarify.... As well as experience some of these sailors actually have some skill and natural ability, a few of them even know what they are doing.. (to say the very least) lol !!! For some like me, (as you have seen in my videos) it could argued I am an 'experienced' sailor.. I just wanted to clear up that in addition to folks who are able to make every trip on the Hobie Cat "an experience", we will also have folks on hand who can teach you the very essential basic sailing techniques, and the most valuable tips and tricks!

:mrgreen:

I have already heard from much of the fleet. We are not only expecting a pretty awesome turnout for all the activities during the day, but also the camping during the evening.

This is going to be fun!