Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:46 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Here in south Dakota we have to get a title to the boat simply give the state a bill of sale and they give you a title no back ground checks. My question how many waves are stolen? I too leave my. Hbyiirwave on the shore which really the states property. I would think theaves would take the power boat that are on lifts. with there keys in them. My insurance is a stand by its self policy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:48 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hey Clark
Good to know you have a separate insurance policy on your Wave. I hope you never have to use it.
I don't have the facts of how many Waves or any other Hobies gets lifted. As I mentioned, kayaks are stolen far more often due to their numbers as being the most popular line of boats on the planet. (Well there are prolly more carved out logs in the less advanced regions, but the kayak seems to have caught on in the modern world).
When you mentioned that people are leaving their keys in their Power Boats, that is scary (in other words: "Please steal my boat and here are the keys").

Clark, any boat that I have ever owned also have been modified to my likings by myself. That sweat equity will never show up on an insurance quote as I have no receipts for my valuable time. All I know is that I'd rather not lose my boats due to personal attachments. Keep 'er locked and keep 'er safe!

(I hope the winds in South Dakota are treating you well)

Cheers
Tri