Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Question about 7:1
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:36 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Does anybody know the Harken part # for the 40mm single stand-up block I would use to convert my system to 7:1? Also, it isn't clear to me if this block swivels or is fixed. Does the block connect to the becket or does it replace the becket? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Question about 7:1
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:57 am 
Site Rank - Captain

They swivel. Its comes with a metal bracket installed that prevents the swivel but it is removable.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:08 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

passingwind wrote:
They swivel. Its comes with a metal bracket installed that prevents the swivel but it is removable.

Thanks. Is yours set up to swivel or do you prefer it fixed? Does 2652 below look like the block I need?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:43 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

BrianCT wrote:
passingwind wrote:

Thanks. Is yours set up to swivel or do you prefer it fixed? Does 2652 below look like the block I need?

I misunderstood your question, i have an 8:1 and the the single standup block is fixed.

Is this what your looking for?

http://www.murrays.com/mm5/merchant.mvc ... re_Code=MS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:02 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

My fault, I said becket when I should have said eye strap. I need the spring stabilized 40mm stand-up single that connects to (or replaces?) the eye strap.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:25 am 
Site Rank - Captain

2652 is close but not quite right. I purchased it to upgrade my 6:1 to 7:1, and while I made it work, it's not the perfect fit. The eyestrap provided with it has hole centers at 1 1/4" which are too close together to align with the bolts that go through the 150 cam cleat (1 1/2"). And if you go up a size on the eyestrap, the spring provided is too small to fit around the loop.

My solution was to purchase the low profile eyestrap (201) then cut the spring in half and reassemble. Works, but the block does favor one side or the other rather than standing straight up, though it doesn't seem to affect performance. I think the appropriate component parts are 2650, 137, 071 - though not quite certain on the 071 spring.

Pete

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:34 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

LeelanauH18 wrote:
2652 is close but not quite right. I purchased it to upgrade my 6:1 to 7:1, and while I made it work, it's not the perfect fit. The eyestrap provided with it has hole centers at 1 1/4" which are too close together to align with the bolts that go through the 150 cam cleat (1 1/2"). And if you go up a size on the eyestrap, the spring provided is too small to fit around the loop.

My solution was to purchase the low profile eyestrap (201) then cut the spring in half and reassemble. Works, but the block does favor one side or the other rather than standing straight up, though it doesn't seem to affect performance. I think the appropriate component parts are 2650, 137, 071 - though not quite certain on the 071 spring.

Pete

Big help. Much appreciated, Pete!