Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:01 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Slaughter wrote:
Top rig CGM. Did you buy a white one so you could stick big black friesian patches on the sides ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

rusty_sojah wrote:
dude, mr. moo, that is an awesome land rover. what year is it and how much does that thing cost to keep up???

I hear servicing costs are about average but the top-up oil costs balloon... due to leaks! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:14 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

stringy wrote:
Slaughter wrote:
Top rig CGM. Did you buy a white one so you could stick big black friesian patches on the sides ?

rusty_sojah wrote:
dude, mr. moo, that is an awesome land rover. what year is it and how much does that thing cost to keep up???

I hear servicing costs are about average but the top-up oil costs balloon... due to leaks! :wink:

They don't leak, just mark their territory. I got a white one because it's easier to match sealant after it rains....

This one is a 2012 model. Even got electric windows! It's a bit higher than the Discovery so I'm trying to fingure out how to keep the hight down and get the AI up top. Worst case I'll bung the roof basket ontop the bars and get a step ladder :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:24 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

CGM, there is a guy in Nelson Bay who routinely carries a TI on the roof rack of a Toyota Troopy. That sucker was so high up I reckon I'd get nose-bleeds, and confirmed my decision to use a trailer for mine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:01 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Cowsgomoo wrote:
stringy wrote:
Slaughter wrote:

rusty_sojah wrote:

They don't leak, just mark their territory. I got a white one because it's easier to match sealant after it rains....

This one is a 2012 model. Even got electric windows! It's a bit higher than the Discovery so I'm trying to fingure out how to keep the hight down and get the AI up top. Worst case I'll bung the roof basket ontop the bars and get a step ladder :D

before selling it and moving to japan i had a lexus LS430 that had air ride suspension and i was able to find a controller (asc680) that plugged into the factory controls and allowed me to fully adjust the factory air ride suspension. it allowed me to put the car about 2" from touching the ground, or i could raise it about 18" off the ground. i wonder if they make anything like this for your ride as it would be as easy as touching a button and then your car would be about a 1-2' lower depending on suspension travel.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:26 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hey Rusty, we are talking about British engineering here! Next thing you are going to ask if he has an automatic gearbox! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:20 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

rusty_sojah wrote:
Cowsgomoo wrote:
stringy wrote:
Slaughter wrote:

rusty_sojah wrote:

before selling it and moving to japan i had a lexus LS430 that had air ride suspension and i was able to find a controller (asc680) that plugged into the factory controls and allowed me to fully adjust the factory air ride suspension. it allowed me to put the car about 2" from touching the ground, or i could raise it about 18" off the ground. i wonder if they make anything like this for your ride as it would be as easy as touching a button and then your car would be about a 1-2' lower depending on suspension travel.

tonystott wrote:
Hey Rusty, we are talking about British engineering here! Next thing you are going to ask if he has an automatic gearbox! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually the Range Rovers and Discoveries also made by Land Rover have had refinements such as height adjustment for many many years. Might find they were one of the first in the SUV market. And they come with automatic gearbox..... :lol:
They just didn't add these to their little blue collar sibling the Defender. He was expected to go out and earn a living :D

When I got the Discovery II is was bagged at the time because of all the computers installed. Now everything else has caught up and got them installed. I wouldn't have moved from a Discovery to Defender a few years ago but they really have added some nice modern features now.

And bit like an AI they can turn heads and stop people to have a chat. The chick at the plywood store this morning liked it :D Bit like a Yellow AI really :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:12 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Your right CGM. The fellas need bollock'n for ripp'n off the Land Rover. There comments were entirely undeserved.

A mate of mine bought this 2011 model and got a full year out of it.

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:05 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Slaughter wrote:
Your right CGM. The fellas need bollock'n for ripp'n off the Land Rover. There comments were entirely undeserved.

A mate of mine bought this 2011 model and got a full year out of it.

That'll just buff out...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:22 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Is the LR a 4.0L Diesel ? The 2 tone grey and white really looks good. Have you worked out how to get the AI up on the roof yet ?

When I'm not using the trailer, I was think'n with mine that I would slot the cart into tubes welded or attached to the rear roof rack. Then lift the bow up onto it ( about 20 odd degrees ) with the stern still on the ground. Then lift the stern and roll the lot up onto the roof. I'm only planting the seed here so somebody else can do it first and iron out all the bugs. :wink:

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:49 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Guy's The Land Rovers are great, But the aren't we getting a little off track here? I pull my TI with a 1995 Pathfinder. Back to the boats:
Remember He who dies with the most toy's wins!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:29 am 
Site Rank - Captain

One of the best aspects of the Hobie AI/TI family, is sailing with friends. A week of camping, sailing, BBQ's, wine & cards, oh and a bit of fishing, just can't be beaten! (Except a little warmer weather!!)

2011 Hobie TI

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:20 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Slaughter wrote:
Nice one Tom. Did you throw in a line ? What do you catch there ?

Those mangroves are loaded with redfish, snook, etc, but these are extremely well-educated fish. I see them a LOT more often when I have no fishing or camera gear! I'm not sure how they know. They're smarter than I am.

Went for a splashy ride in Alligator Bay today and decided I'm done with the harbor for the season. It's getting too cold.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPTON3aQNa0[/youtube]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:29 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Any tips for getting through the surf? I had a tough time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:57 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

This thread seems to get off topic:

Some of my pictures from this weekends Rappahannock River Trip.

Sunrise.

Ghosting along against the current.

River Bluffs in the morning light.

Full movie production coming when I get some time....

http://dogslifeadventures.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:18 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

DogsLife, Great Sunrise!!!! It has my vote.

Larry

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next