Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:40 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi I have a few questions i'm hoping some fellow yakker can help with.
1,I have been saving for the evolve v2 for ages and now I have a chance of a new Ultralight 402 set up thats really worth considering. Can i order the parts from hobie to convert this 402 to an Evolve. I am mainly gonna rudder mount the kit if i get an evolve and can only see a small difference in the 2 set ups. What parts would i need to order.
2, What's the difference between a 402 and a 403 motor and what does the evolve come with.
3, Is The 503/1003 battery ok to use as a spare.

Thanks to any one who can help.
Ian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:13 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

theblones wrote:
What's the difference between a 402 and a 403 motor

The motor is the same but the cables/connectors are different. I think they now make an adapter to use the 403/eVolve v2 batteries with the old units though.

theblones wrote:

Yes they will work (might need the above mentioned adapter). Haven't seen a 503 battery, but be aware the 1003 won't fit thru an 8" hatch.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:41 pm 
Site Admin

Electronics and software for the function of the systems are within the battery case, so not sure they are interchangeable. We had to make several changes (Torqeedo made them) to the electronics and software to handle the cable lengths required for the internal mounting.

Buy the parts? I suppose, but they are not listed anywhere. We only provide the parts as complete eVolve units. This would require some research to see what might be needed and costs involved. Not something I am interested in doing... just to see if it works.

I'd suggest using the 402 as supplied ... using their mount system may be the simplest solution.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:11 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

theblones wrote:
Hi I have a few questions i'm hoping some fellow yakker can help with.
1,I have been saving for the evolve v2 for ages and now I have a chance of a new Ultralight 402 set up thats really worth considering. Can i order the parts from hobie to convert this 402 to an Evolve. I am mainly gonna rudder mount the kit if i get an evolve and can only see a small difference in the 2 set ups. What parts would i need to order.
2, What's the difference between a 402 and a 403 motor and what does the evolve come with.

Thanks to any one who can help.
Ian

I recently bought a Pro Angler 14 and wanted to convert my Evolve v2 to a Ultralight 403. I contacted Torqeedo and it's doable for just shy of $500. It will probably cost more to convert the Ultralight to an Evolve.