Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Best of..."
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:47 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

What about creating a “best of” category under Kayaking? I am not sure of the capabilities of the forum software but what if Hobie/Matt Miller asked for volunteers from some of the senior contributors (Like Stobo, Revo, Tom, etc) and give them the power to promote threads that they consider outstanding to this new “ best of” category… Or implement some sort of thread rating system… (although I think a “curation” might approach might provide better resuts)… Just something to help newer readers find the best articles quickly.

As a new comer to the forums I have found many incredible posts from years past just by digging around but I wonder what else I may have missed and sometimes I wonder if a post I think is a great idea is generally thought of as a good approach by the more experienced readers of the forum. In general I found it tough to find and determine if something is generally considered a “best practice” or not in the forums. Besides modifications or approaches I think stories or experiences that people think stand out should go here as well…

I have learned an amazing amount of things since I started reading this forum… Thank you all for your time and effort.