Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:50 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi Folks,

We are heading to Pensacola Beach in June. Renting a house at the Far East end of Ariola Dr. The house is across the street from the Gulf, but has an empty lot directly across street, so basically like we are Gulf front. Looking at Google Street view, it looks like a wide open, flat lot, about 300 ft deep. I am thinking we can rig the boat there at the street (there are power lines at the street), then roll the boat to the beach on beach wheels.

Here is questions:

1) In Pesacola, is there any problem leaving the boat on the beach overnight? I would still pull it back to the empty lot at least
2) Are there any other restrictions sailing from the beach in Pensacola?

Anyone else in Pensacola 2nd week of June?

Thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:41 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Not specific to Pensacola Beach, but.....

Recommend you contact local PD or Sheriff to get the straight scoop on beaching rather than relying on info given here. Also, if there's a For Sale sign or whatever on the vacant lot, try to contact realtor/owner for permission. It may be vacant, but someone still owns it, and it's still tresspassing without permission.

I may sound a little over-cautious, but local law/ordinance on beaching varies widely. Also, most locals and local authorities in popular beach areas have to deal with tons of tourists and they are pretty serious about protecting their space. Don't ask how I know!

I'm sure you'll figure something out. If you can't get to the gulf or the surf is too big, there's a public lauch on Quietwater Beach (just west of Key Sailing)....easy to sail in the bay.

Have fun!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:58 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks. Will call the sheriff office today and see what they say. I think the lot across the street is listed for sale. So I can call the realtor and ask.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:36 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

So i talked with one of the Deputy's at Pensacola Beach. Very nice and helpful. She said no keeping it on the beach overnight, but if I can pull it up on a private lot, whether its empty or built on, it would be OK. Said during the day to be mindful that where we have it on the beach wont hamper emergency vehicles and four wheelers. Other than that, we should be good. Also offered that when we got there, if we had any doubt, give them a call and they would swing by to take a look.

6 more days!Image Winds look to be nice and steady 10-18 knts