Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:51 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

... I present to you LadyJane

Hereto named after the nice woman I just acquired this package from. LadyJane is a minty fresh 2007 model sailed in less than a dozen times (.. and only on Sundays), while she sits on a 2008 www.SportRig.com Outfitter trailer with all the bells and whistles and both were stored in a dry garage. They hadn't seen light of day since late 2008 :shock:

It took me the whole day to go fetch it and back, but the deal was too good not to go check it out. Turns out both are in MUCH better condition than I could have dreamed for - Happy Birthday Me !!

Papaya AI2 to replace my well worn V1
TheTwins - His/Hers 2007 Papaya Hobie Adventure Island's (v1.00.01)
.. and a Hobie Outback SUV

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:43 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Thanks PassWind. Well, you did really buy LadyJane for us didn't you? You know, all your new Hobie mates who are visiting NY and fancy a sail :wink:

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:26 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

So tell us more about her condition... are you goingto see each other again soon? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PS the AI looks good too

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:55 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The Sports Rig and Rack and Roll trailers (almost identical save for the material used to make each) are the most kayak friendly trailers around. Very nicely and independently sprung. The only thing that limits them is that you can't back the hubs into the water or they'll quickly fail. No seals.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:58 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Slaughter wrote:
Thanks PassWind. Well, you did really buy LadyJane for us didn't you? You know, all your new Hobie mates who are visiting NY and fancy a sail :wink:

Absotively - but SSSHHHhhhh !! not so loud .. I told the Misses it was her birthday present

(PS - If you or ANYONE else are visiting the NYC area for holiday, let me know !! I live on L.I. but work in Manhatten and would love to meet up. If given enough notice I may even be able to arrange some freebees like audience seats to TV show tapings .. ball games etc.)

tonystott wrote:
So tell us more about her condition... are you goingto see each other again soon?

.. it was a fleeting encounter, like 2 boats passing in the night .. but we each came away gratified with getting what we came for (sigh)

Tom Kirkman wrote:
The Sports Rig and Rack and Roll trailers (almost identical save for the material used to make each) are the most kayak friendly trailers around. Very nicely and independently sprung. The only thing that limits them is that you can't back the hubs into the water or they'll quickly fail. No seals.

Noted already but thanks for the heads-up. Shouldn't be a problem though - a few feet from the water's edge is perfectly fine as you know.

So, this all started out just looking for a jetski (or other) trailer to use locally because every time I loaded my AI on the Hullivators after an ocean sail I hated giving my SUV a salt bath ... confirmed more so by Bob's (FusionEng) recent roof replacement to his vehicle. That much Wife.Com was aware and OK with - but - secretly I've also been perusing CraigsList ads for either another AI or a TI so my bride (or anyone else) can join me in the fun.

I was the only one to show up in the pouring rain on the one day it was available for viewing this week. Divorce sux .. and this was part of the "her" pile but unfortunately had to go. I actually paid over her asking price on the pair because my conscience wouldn't have let me live otherwise - and I'm still doing the ultimate of HappyDances

Papaya AI2 to replace my well worn V1
TheTwins - His/Hers 2007 Papaya Hobie Adventure Island's (v1.00.01)
.. and a Hobie Outback SUV

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:04 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Alan, sweet boat! I have a 2007 AI too and it's still in great shape despite a few more sails than Lady Jane. Have fun!!! I bet your wife will LOVE her new toy. You're a smart guy! :D