Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:54 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I see time after time forum newbies struggling saying they don't know how to post pictures or use the forum and despite the fact we now all know these things are not hard to do, it is a frustrating experience for new members to ALL have to go through the same initiation of "I must be dumb because I seem to the the only person on here who can't figure out what to do".

The very kind members of the forum will always come to the rescue of newbies but it does seem rather unnecessary. There are over 19,000 members and no doubt the newbie experience has been repeated over and over countless times.

:idea: My suggestion to the Forum Administrators is why not simply start a sticky for the entire forum with all the basic instructions collected together in an easy to find forum topic and with directions to that topic for all new members clearly posted?

And if that has already been done then I must be dumb because I cannot find them...... :?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:03 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I think they got you covered. :)

If you go to the "main" kayak forum page here: http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=53
the 3 'sticky' are at the top hold them. We all go into the forums different ways so it's easy to miss.

I post the photo info often for newbies because I had trouble (and was helped) when I started posting (many, many moons ago). In thanks to all the posters who helped me, I help when and where I can (between heckling!).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:30 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Thanks Kayaking Bob - you are indeed one of the members that are quick to help others out - and it is certainly appreciated :)

I had looked at those 3 stickies before but I cannot see anything in there on how to use the forum or post pictures/videos or instructions of any kind.
HOWEVER you prompted me to look harder and I did end up finding what I was looking for in the FAQ at the top of the page - I was looking for something in the forum topics themselves !
faq.php

again, thanks for your help KB ! :D