Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:21 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hey Fellas,

Newly reactivated Fleet 53 (charter won't be in for a few weeks, but what the heck) is trying to get a good Hobie turnout at the James Island Yacht Club's 2013 Regatta, June 14-16, in Charleston, SC. I plan to support these guys and attend with my 16 and I hope that some of you will too. The Notice Of Race can be found on the James Island site, http://www.jiyc.org/.

H16 Seabreeze #112205 (Richard Petty Signature Edition)
H14T Fantasia #47787
San Juan 28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:19 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

We are 9 days away from the JIYC regatta! It is looking like we should have a pretty strong turnout. Charleston is where you want to be next weekend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:33 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I've got the green light from Mrs. MVD and a crew lined up. I'll be pulling into the club on Friday morning so I can rig up early and get my novice crew some trap time. I'm looking forward to sailing with y'all.

H14T Fantasia #47787
San Juan 28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:45 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Sweet, I should be there early Friday as well, see you then@

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:49 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hmmm I might have to take off half a day Friday!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:15 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Looks like it will be later on Friday afternoon before I get to James Island. My daughter (crew) had a conflict. I still plan to rig up and sail once we get there.

H14T Fantasia #47787
San Juan 28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:25 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I shall meet you guys out there friday. Nick should be bringing two 16's. (still want to sail my 18). Just hope yall take it easy on someone who has never raced before!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:57 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

James Island Yacht Club was a fantastic host for Fleet 53's first regatta since they reactivated just a few weeks ago. The Hobie 16 fleet, seven boats strong, got their own start and competition was tight. Congrats to the winners, Kris Bostic and Dave "Pelican" Brown. Lot's of folks at the regatta commented on how much they enjoyed seeing the Hobies back at JIYC after an absence of several years. Definitely a "Hobie Friendly" environment. Although seven boats isn't a huge fleet, when you consider that those guys just got their charter a few weeks ago and quickly got involved with JIYC shortly before the event, seven was a great turnout. Thanks to Fleet 53 Commodore Nick "Stupidpancakes" Bostic for putting the event together and encouraging a bunch of Hobies to attend. Well done! Y'all have come a long ways in a short time. Just shows what some initiative and leadership can do. No doubt that we'll be welcome back at JIYC next year. It's already on my calendar. It was a pleasure sailing with you guys and making new friends.

Next big event for Division 9 will be the Div 9 Hobie 16 Championships at Cat Fest, Lake Norman, NC, Sept 7-8. This will be an HCA Points Regatta. Here's the link for LNYC: http://www.lakenormanyachtclub.com/cont ... _id=716915. They haven't posted the NOR yet, but I've got a preliminary copy that I've been cleared to release. Shoot me an email if you want it - it was included in my last Div 9 Newsletter. There will be some other EMSA catamaran regattas around the Southeast in the meantime, so get out there and do some racing.

H14T Fantasia #47787
San Juan 28

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:29 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I just wanted to say thanks for coming down to Charleston. I had a great time meeting everyone and it was nice to get together and sail. I still can't believe that Kris and I won my first regatta. Again thanks for coming down I cant wait to see everyone again at Catfest on lake Norman!