Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Water in rear cross bar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:37 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I just purchased a 2008 H16 (currently own a 1985 H16 too) and noticed water that seems to be in the rear cross bar. I have never noticed any water in the rear cross bar on my 1985 and It seemed to me kind of strange when I was trailering the boat home and saw water come out of the rear cross bar on each turn. I have not taken the 2008 H16 on the water yet but did wash the entire boat when I got it home. After the wash was completed I lifted each pontoon from the side and could hear the water flow to the low part of the rear cross bar (opposite side that I was one) and saw a small amount come out of the joints between the pylon and the rear cross bar. I went back and forth on each side a few time to see if I could get all the water out and was unsuccessful (mainly due to the fact that I didn't want to keep walking back and forth).

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this on their boats or have any possible reasons this was occurring or way the water could get trapped there.

Thanks

2008 Hobie 16

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:46 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I get water in my rear cross bar on my 2011, however it doesn't hold a lot of water and by that I mean water gets in and seems to run right back out. If its holding water, that would seem to be a problem.

Not sure what the solution would be? Maybe a small drainage hole drilled on the underside?

Have a Hobie Day!

Sent from Tapatalk