Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:22 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I just stopped by my dealer where they were unwrapping my 2 new Dune PA14's. They sure looked pretty :D

I pick up my boats on a new Hobie/Trailex Double trailer tonight after work. Let the fun begin.

Now time to trick them out and accessorize! Problem is 2 of everything. Oh well, that's twice the fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:40 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Congrats and enjoy, safety is free use it generously. :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:21 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Congrats on the new PAs and welcome to the Pro Angler family. You're going to love them as much as the rest of us! :D

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:16 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Welcome to the fleet!!

Keep us posted on rigging.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:27 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Congrats! Double the fun... :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:57 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Everything looks really nice. I spent this morning installing the H-bars, Anchor Trolly and re-configuring the trailer a bit. Originally the dealer was going to install the H-bars and Anchor Trolly but it didn't turn out that way.

You should consider your self lucky if you are close enough to deal with a full Service Hobie Dealer. I had 3 dealers to choose from. One in my little town, one about an hour away and the 3rd about 2 hours away. I requested quotes from all 3 once I decided what I wanted. I had visited the dealer an hour away as he had a PA14 in stock. I wasn't able to demo any boats but I at least wanted to see one in person before ordering. He actually had 5 olive green boats in stock. He did not seem to want to order Dune boats for me and said they don't handle the Trailex trailer and was trying to sell me a locally built steel trailer. I'm sure it was a good trailer, but I'm pulling with a small car and wanted as light a trailer as I could get. That was a Saturday, the following Monday I sent emails out to the 3 dealers asking for quotes on 2 Dune PA14's and the Hobie/Trailex trailer package. I never even got a reply from the dealer I had visited. The dealer 2 hours away only said the they were sorry, but only had one Dune in stock and they also don't handle the Trailex trailers. Not even an offer to order a 2nd boat. I got the best response from my local dealer. They would order it all up and I would be able to pick it up in my home town. That sounded good to me.

They are part of a small sport chain with I think 4 location. They are a small dealer had never seen a PA in person before. They aren't much more than a t-shirt shop that sells surfboards and kayaks as well as doing bicycle and Kayak rentals. They were great to deal with, they just don't have allot of experience and aren't setup to do install work. I got lucky in that there was another Hobie dealer somewhere here in the Midwest that was having a load of boats delivered so my boats got put on the truck. It only took 3 weeks from order to delivery. I had fully expected to not get the boats for at least another 2-3 weeks.

I think I have the boats ready to get wet. Everything seems to be in order. However, the dealer didn't go over anything with me. Is there anything special I need to be looking out for or need to do before taking them out for the first time? I'm going to watch the DVD tonight.

Getting rigged for fishing will be next. Typical rod holders, FF, Live well (haven't decided whether to get Hobie's or make one), and trolling motor (probably a cheap 30lb on the Kirkman PVC Mount).

It's raining today, so maybe we'll get them out tomorrow. Next week is a 4-day weekend so I'm sure they will get out then.

Thanks,
Marty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:40 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Congratulations....! What else can I say. I just returned from a trip to Sanibel Island, Florida where I took my PA 14 for a few days of Kayak Fishing, sunshine and too much fun. I think you will be extremely happy with your boats. What could be better than a Hobie Pro Angler....? Well, maybe 2 PAs.

Here is a short video I put together of my trip....[youtube]http://youtu.be/N5D7-jQjXD8[/youtube]

Enjoy the video....enjoy the boats....have fun...!

* 2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14

"FISHING THE INDIAN RIVER & MOSQUITO LAGOON"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:48 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Some important things I always remember to check before I go out. Remember to have my seat locked down with the little clip, always have my mirage drive leashed and remember to bring sunscreen lol. Also put your yak in a pool or shallow pond and practice re entry. With your hbars remember that if you lose balance and feel like your going to get wet, let go of everything and just go in by yourself. Don't drag the yak over with you because it will flip all the way over. This goes for when your sitting down also. Dont grab onto anything, just go over and try to leave your yak upright.