Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Clear Lake NorCal
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:57 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Spent the day throwing swimbaits on Clear Lake from my Hobie kayak with Evan. Our best five would have been right at 20lbs. I had two 8lbers roll on a wake bait and miss and lost a 6lber right at the net. Guess that's fishing though!! Next tournament is this coming Saturday on Lake Berryessa. Lookin for a back to back win against these West Coast boys!!!

Post subject: Re: Clear Lake NorCal
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:15 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Nice looking fish Matt! :D

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:22 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Nice!
Give them Belly Boat Boys hell!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:35 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Actually a lot has happened since I posted this. Upon announcing on the Sonoma Belly Boat Bass Club forum that I would be fishing this next event I was promptly banned from fishing anymore of their club tournaments. They see my kayak as being too much of an advantage and will no longer let me compete. We have been in a back and forth over the issue for the last two days and it looks as though I'm out. They believe the difference in speed and the increased range that I have is just unfair.

Their club rules say that belly boats, kick boats, and kayaks are eligible to fish all events. All vessels must be propelled by oar or fins and the use of motors or sails is prohibited. I explained that my vessel conforms to those written rules as there is no motor or sail, and the Mirage Drive utilizes a pair of Turbo "FINS". By the letter of the rules I should be eligible! Their by-laws also state that no rules may be changed mid season. Rules may only be changed after the last event of the season and only by a vote of the club officers.

The Tournament Director has made the decision that I cannot fish and he supposedly has final say. This is even though the President, Vice President, and the original founding member believe I should at least be able to finish out the season. Then if they want to change the rules for next year to exclude me then so be it. So far there has been no change of heart. It's been quite a humorous debate. I can post a link to it if anyone cares to read it.

Looks like Ill just be fun fishing this weekend instead!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:03 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Looks like Andy is letting you fish!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:10 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Yep, he emailed me this morning letting me know that I would be able to fish the rest of this seasons events. Then after the season they will vote on whether or not kayaks will again be allowed next year. I'm sure we all know how that vote is going to turn out!!

I'm just glad they had the clause in the by-laws that said no rule could be changed mid season! That gives me this weekends event at Lake Berryessa and next months 2 day event on Clear Lake to try and win another trophy!