Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mast rotation
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:13 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Something like this may help. Pulls it forward when off the wind and when you sheet in it should rotate back. There is a line on each side that doesn't show in the pic. There is a piece of shock cord with loops at each end that runs up to a piece of line that run between the bows. I will try to take some better pics next weekend. Forget about the boom setup as you don't have a boom right?

Hope this helps.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Doug-and-Ashleigh-Snell&id=cd1260_R1_20&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Doug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:41 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

still having an issue...when i pull the line the drum UNravels rather than furling the sail....i have to do it by hand....frustration!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:04 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

still having an issue, when i pull the line to roll in the sail it actullay unfurls the sail......help!! if i am on the tramp looking forward, which way should i be hand winding it to correct this issue???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:00 am 
Site Rank - Captain

After your rig is up and before you connect the Jib sheets. Pull all the cord from the drum, then wind looking down turn the jib 3 or 4 rotations clockwise to pre wind it. (If you don't it will not furl completely.) Cleat the furling cord and connect the sheets trying not to lose too much of the prewind. Pull and cleat the sheets to tighten it all up till needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:24 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

NO LUCK!!! I tried yesterday to fix the issue....when i am on the front tramp looking down at the drum, i have to manually wind it from right to left (counter clock wise) to have the sail furl so the clip is on the outside. I know that when the sail is wound up, there should be no line in the drum and when the sail is in the "sailing" position, the drum is full of line...i think i have to disconnect the rig and start over...also where do you all connect the line from the front grommet of the jib to the forestay???