Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:36 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am selling my 2010 AI to upgrade to the TI. My AI is in great shape, and seeing that I am buying the upgrade, will the AI tramps work for the TI, and will my wheels work for both too?
Also what's a fair price to sell my AI for, great condition. New they're $3999 I think, is $3k fair.
Thanks in advance
M

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:27 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I have bought 1 used AI (a 2011 w tramps) and sold one. Your price of $3000 for a 2010 AI is more than I would pay, but, of course, you only need one buyer.

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:36 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

AI tramps are about 4" too long for the TI. You would have to pack the front tramp pocket for them to fit.
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=26107&p=133927&hilit=tramps#p133927
Pool noodle works best but you would be better to sell the AI tramps and get TI tramps.
If you have the HD or Trax2 cart it will work but you would need to add the TI cart cradle. The new Trax2-30 cart is a better choice for the TI. If it was me I'd be haggling for a TI package price with tramps and Trax2-30.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:39 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I didn't know it at the time, but if I ever buy any more tramps, I'll buy a set of TI tramps and have the rear straps extended a few inches. That way the tramps with fit either a TI or an AI. I wondered why Hobie didn't do this but remember that the AI came first so the tramps were designed to fit it. The TI necessitated the akas being a couple inches closer together so a new set of tramps was needed for it. Bummer.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:54 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Have you talked to you dealer about a trade in. Used Hobie are very rare and hard to find. Most everyone wants an AI or TI but can't afford new. We traded in our oasis for a TI when they fist came out, the dealer had it on the floor and sold within a week. To sweeten the pot you may have them take and sell the AI first only then you finish the purchase of the TI ( like a consignment with a prize at the end for them, they will be motivated to move it. I would send the tramps and cart with the AI, the more ready to go in the water it is the more value is there for the buyer, who wants to buy a boat they can barely afford then have to spend another $600 to be able to use it. Hobie dealers can't do anything on the new TI price, but have a lot of leeway on the extras especially when working on a package deal. Win win for everyone.
Just a thought
Bob
PS go for the new tramps the clips for the new tramps are much larger and stronger ( another ongoing Hobie improvement), plus you get the new mirage drives with a new TI ( another nice improvement)