Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SeaDek On A 2012 PA14
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:30 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Since the SeaDek on a Pro Angler 12 got high jacked with PA14 discussions, I figured I would start a separate topic just on the 2012 PA14. My SeaDek arrived today. SeaDek had notified me that they were temporarily out of the 3mm black which is the bottom layer and trim color that I used on the 2013 PA14. SeaDek indicated that they would be happy to use the 5mm black they did have in stock sandwiched with the Camel color in the right size. I really didn't want it to be thicker as I knew the seat base would have secure on the posts and floor with the wing nuts and I did not want to cause any stress on the floor.

So I opted to use the mocha brown as the trim color. While I prefer the black trim, the Mocha doesn't look bad. I will have to see what it looks like in normal daylight. artificial lighting and in a garage are not the best venues for taking pictures. The 2012 is now the wife's ride and she likes the mocha trim.

So here are a few pictures until I can get some decent shots outdoors. I took the final shots with the 2013 in the picture to show the difference in trim colors. I left the cutting board off and just applied the SeaDek on the lid as is. That way there would be a taller lip around the lid for holding items on the lid.

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:35 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Just got a yellow pa 14 and want to get the bahama blue seadek kit. How much did your kit cost?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

fishwhisperer619 wrote:
Just got a yellow pa 14 and want to get the bahama blue seadek kit. How much did your kit cost?

I templated all the PA variations for SeaDek. I can't relate what it cost me because I had custom graphics work done. I was told by SeaDek that if my exact kit was duplicated, it would run somewhere around $295. Your best bet for determining your cost is to contact SeaDek. Just call the sales number or e-mail them. They do respond back fairly quickly. If you want the SeaDek logo on the padding, they do not charge for it.

You can ask a few of the other folks that have purchased kits made from my templates to get a better idea of the cost. You will like the SeaDek as it changes the look and feel of the flooring for the better. Post pictures if you get it done. I would like to see that combination.

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:09 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

When you walk on the Seadek when it's wet, does it squeak?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:15 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Bubbleboy wrote:
When you walk on the Seadek when it's wet, does it squeak?

I haven't noticed any sound at all even when it's wet. Except for some times in the winter, when I'm fishing my main lake (225 acres) I'm usually always bare foot. I have been out a few times this winter in my wading boots and tracked in water/mud, etc. No squeaks.

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:16 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

So I contacted them and they said $200 for aqua camo. No special writing on it or anything, just aqua camo. Their website said $150 so idk how its suddenly $200. The person I talked to said its because aqua camo is a custom color and has to be specially ordered, but how can it be "custom" or "special" if its a color option that they wrote down on options? I Don't get it

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:00 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

fishwhisperer619 wrote:
So I contacted them and they said $200 for aqua camo. No special writing on it or anything, just aqua camo. Their website said $150 so idk how its suddenly $200. The person I talked to said its because aqua camo is a custom color and has to be specially ordered, but how can it be "custom" or "special" if its a color option that they wrote down on options? I Don't get it

I am assuming you have 2014 PA14 since it was a recent purchase. The $150 on the website is for front portion only and for Storm Gray or Army Camo. Not sure about adder for other color options. I ordered Army Camo with black 2nd layer with Steve's design (less Hobie H) and it is $290 and that includes the rear deck. I also asked if they had pattern for Yeti Roadie cooler and she said yes and they could do it at no cost. It did cost me a week in lead-time as they had to send to CAD department to lay everything out again. Mine should ship next week and hopefully arrive by next weekend. As soon as I receive and get installed I will post pics. Project this weekend is installing/wiring LED lights.

2014 PA 14 Olive
2014 WS Ride 115x Camo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:05 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Tarheel69 wrote:
fishwhisperer619 wrote:

I am assuming you have 2014 PA14 since it was a recent purchase. The $150 on the website is for front portion only and for Storm Gray or Army Camo. Not sure about adder for other color options. I ordered Army Camo with black 2nd layer with Steve's design (less Hobie H) and it is $290 and that includes the rear deck. I also asked if they had pattern for Yeti Roadie cooler and she said yes and they could do it at no cost. It did cost me a week in lead-time as they had to send to CAD department to lay everything out again. Mine should ship next week and hopefully arrive by next weekend. As soon as I receive and get installed I will post pics. Project this weekend is installing/wiring LED lights.

LED lights? I've thought about night fishing, but I guess I have to get over being on the lake with alligators at night before I do that...lol.

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:14 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

SRAces wrote:
Tarheel69 wrote:
fishwhisperer619 wrote:

LED lights? I've thought about night fishing, but I guess I have to get over being on the lake with alligators at night before I do that...lol.

No gators here at least for now. We are planning on heading to Okefenokee this fall/winter so there will be plenty there but would not plan on being out at night. I already installed red/green Nav light on bow. Found one that fit exactly over the Hobie Logo. Pulled the stick off and put it right on top of the light. The other strip lights should arrive tomorrow. I plan on installing under mounting boards, behind seat, rear deck and storage areas. Right now still trying to figure out where I am going to put the switch plate.

2014 PA 14 Olive
2014 WS Ride 115x Camo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:17 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Tarheel69 wrote:
SRAces wrote:
Tarheel69 wrote:
fishwhisperer619 wrote:

No gators here at least for now. We are planning on heading to Okefenokee this fall/winter so there will be plenty there but would not plan on being out at night. I already installed red/green Nav light on bow. Found one that fit exactly over the Hobie Logo. Pulled the stick off and put it right on top of the light. The other strip lights should arrive tomorrow. I plan on installing under mounting boards, behind seat, rear deck and storage areas. Right now still trying to figure out where I am going to put the switch plate.

Where did you find the nav light? I've been looking but haven't found one that I was fond of

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:43 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Where did you find the nav light? I've been looking but haven't found one that I was fond of[/quote]

I ended up getting one by SeaDog in black (400053-1)

[img][IMG]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c287/kblack16/SeaDog_zps73f3690a.jpg[/img][/img]

2014 PA 14 Olive
2014 WS Ride 115x Camo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:52 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Tarheel69 wrote:
Where did you find the nav light? I've been looking but haven't found one that I was fond of

Finally figured out how to post pic without a link.

2014 PA 14 Olive
2014 WS Ride 115x Camo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:23 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Tarheel69 wrote:
Tarheel69 wrote:

Finally figured out how to post pic without a link.

I can't get seadogs site to show pics or any usable info :/ would you happen to know how tall it is?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:12 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I can't get seadogs site to show pics or any usable info :/ would you happen to know how tall it is?[/quote]

1-1/4" Tall

2014 PA 14 Olive
2014 WS Ride 115x Camo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:52 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

fishwhisperer619:

I also ran a search and found these dimensions:
3 5/8" front to back
3" side to side
1 1/4" high

Heroes don't wear capes; they wear dog tags