Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Memorial weekend sailing
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:29 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Well, it looks like we'll actually have a couple of decent days to go sailing in Mid-Michigan this weekend!

The rains have stopped (finally) and Friday, Saturday and parts of Sunday look like good conditions. Can't wait to get "Burt" on the water again!

Anyone else have sailing plans this weekend? How are conditions at your favorite sailing locale?

Fair winds,

Nick
1978 H16 "Burt the Cat"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:35 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Just arrived at Hatteras this AM- Took the 14 out in15 to 20 Northeast- had a ball until a rudder adjuster worked loose! Oh, well theyre calling for 10-15 out of the south for tomorrow, water temps in the 70's -Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:14 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Funny how things can change; especially the weather!
After weeks of cold temps and literally drowning with the rain, the forecast was calling for good breeze, good temps, and not much rain.
Welllllll.....we didn't sail on Friday (beautiful day) because we're trying to sell our house and had things we needed to get done for the inspection.

Saturday turned out to be rather chilly with no breeze! We went out any way and wound up motoring around the lake rather than sailing.

Sunday was supposed to stormy all day. Well, it turns out it was beautiful until about 4 pm with a very good breeze. Unfortunately, I thought it'd be crappy and didn't go sailing. Probably missed the best conditions of the weekend.

Aw, well. . . .[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:15 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

It is strange how the weather affects your mood towards sailing... I ended up not sailing on Saturday either because of things that had to get done, but I did enjoy sailing on Sunday... Had my brother-in-law out on the trap and we were flying across the lake multible times... came in for a bit, and when I went to go back out, discovered that my gooseneck had broken, so i had to put the boat away... That was a shame, since on monday... I had even stronger wind where I was at... i would say that it was blowing close to 20 or more...

Mark Colby
1973 H16
Jackson, MI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:17 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Yep, Sunday was looking good. I slept in a little too late to enjoy it due to a bachelor party Saturday night. Then, on Monday, we were doing the inspection on the house we're buying, so that took up a good chunk of the afternoon.

This coming weekend is tied up with the wedding rehearsal on Friday and the wedding on Saturday and, of course, it's supposed to be crappy again on Sunday! :roll:

It's getting to the point (now that the boys are almost done with school for the summer) that, if I wake up and the forecast is for good wind and no storms in sight, I'll be "cough, cough, calling in sick".

Nick