Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:16 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Show her the pretty colors! It worked for me. She really liked the pretty blue ones. (even though they were another $350. Who am I to argue?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:01 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

ASDASC wrote:
Show her the pretty colors! It worked for me. She really liked the pretty blue ones. (even though they were another $350. Who am I to argue?

THIS RIGHT HERE!!!

It is what closed the deal at my place.. We had been talking about new sails and a couple other things in the offseason.. When this thread popped up I asked the wife what she thought, and the conversation went from a dull "ok.. new sails would be alright" right into "Those are awesome"... and she was totally on board with"pretty sails" instead of just giving approval... Then it was only a hop skip and a jump to.. Well.. If I sell the 05 boat... and don't have to upgrade those little things it puts the price difference really closing in on this new boat... :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:37 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Wow, so two of us were able to sell it to the spouse based on the great colors in photo's.

Matt Miller, I hope someone at Hobie is listening! Give us awesome looking colors and it is a much easier sale. The dark blue seems to be a winner. I am guessing that teal would be another winner. Look at the colors that sports teams use, there is a lot of research put into this. Also, tropical colors and patterns would be a popular.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:28 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Make that three... 8)
as far as I can tell, we have original '84 carumba sails so wanted to get some new sails anyways. when I showed my wife some of those, she especially liked the colors on the 2010 sails. So I've got a new set as well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:39 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Un-freakin-believable. Now my wife says that our tramp will look really terrible with the new sails. Matt, help me out here. Any chance that you have some hot deals on matching tramps?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:08 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Tonight's sailing at Clinton lake, KS.

Only issue was oddly on both boats (2013's) we struggled to get the gooseneck in the mast track. Not sure what the deal was as we have never had the issue before. Outhaul was totally loose, even loosened bottom batton. Just have to figure that one out next time.

Sent from my stone tablet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:19 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

dang! very nice!
Cant wait to hoist my euros for the 1st time! :mrgreen:
Snow is melted off the boat ramp...water is COLD though!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:53 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

They look fantastic! You should swap rudders... or sails.... hahaha

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:29 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Matt15 wrote:
They look fantastic! You should swap rudders... or sails.... hahaha

My Red rudders don't really match his red sails.. The sails are more of a cherry red, and the Rudders are closer to a "competition orange".

And just wait until the custom graphics on the boats are done :D I have a plan for both of them.. They are going to match the sails.. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:09 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

ronholm wrote:
Only issue was oddly on both boats (2013's) we struggled to get the gooseneck in the mast track. Not sure what the deal was as we have never had the issue before. Outhaul was totally loose, even loosened bottom batton. Just have to figure that one out next time.

Just FYI.. What we ended up doing yesterday was have one guy run a spare piece of line through the grommet on the sail and pull it forward while the other lined it up and pulled the downhaul..

After speaking with a couple people today I think the problem is a slightly different grommet placement on some of the euro sails. The "fix" is supposed to be an extra shackle between the gooseneck and the sail to give it just a bit of extra room.

Can anyone else confirm this, or offer a better solution?

Do the Euro boats use a different gooseneck thimble? Or?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:27 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

ronholm wrote:

I just sailed with my 2013 Euros for the first time last weekend. I was with another forum member who purchased the 2010 euro sails too. We both had the same problem. Used the same trick to manage it. But it does seem there is some fit issue with the length of the gooseneck shackle. I'd love to know how to fix it. The sail also seems to have a bit of a pucker between the boom and bottom batten. May also be caused by the position of the grommet.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:16 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I pulled my Jib out of the box over the weekend, as I just couldn't wait to see it. It looks AWESOME!! The dark blue isn't as dark as in the photo's but it still looks great. I was VERY pleased to see that they came with a sail bag with the championships logo, city in germany, etc. on it. I got the Parma sails. I can't wait to run them up the mast for the first time!

The water is liquid again, but REALLY cold with no warm days yet on the 10 day forecast, so it will be a couple more weeks before I can even think about it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:25 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Here is a picture of the jib.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:32 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Fixing to go sailing tomorrow.. and have an assortment of shackles and what not to make "adjustments" for lower grommet position....

I am still curious though if there is some standard solution or gooseneck extension, ect.?

:?:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:13 am 
Site Rank - Captain

ronholm wrote:

Sent from my stone tablet

I had the same issue with the sails I got. The next time I have them on the boat I'll set them with the tack loose and see what it looks like. The setback on the tack grommet seems to be different on the Euro sails. Rather than shackle the tack I think a spectra lashing would be better. Shackles always seem to be just a bit too big or too small. Lashings are soft, light, and fit exactly. :-)

R

-2013 H16 #1`13780
-2014 Getaway w/wings,spinnaker,& trapeze

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next