Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: sailing partner wanted
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:29 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I sail a new Getaway and Wave in the Rockport, Texas area, and would like a sailing partner. I am a mature, married man in my 50's, have been sailing hobie cats for 40yrs, and am very well acquainted with all of the bays in the Rockport /Aransas Pass/Port Aransas/Ingleside areas. I tend to sail year round depending on weather conditions. I need a male adult who is in good physical condition, a good swimmer and somewhat adventurous, but who doesn't need to know a lot about hobie cat sailing. Please enquire.
Separately, I am interested in sailing hobie cats with others in the lakes around the San Antonio, Texas area where I live, but do not plan on moving my boats from the coast.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:22 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

If you lived in my area, I'd definitely take you up on this! What a great opportunity! Great post!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:03 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

i agree whom ever you take with you i think you will have a blast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:20 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm in the process of purchasing a home in Copano Ridge (closing on 7/2). I have a Getaway that I've hardly had out, but excited about the opportunity to use it in Rockport. I'd love the opportunity to join you and learn a bit!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:00 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am re posting a request for a sailing partner for the Rockport/Port Aransas/Corpus Christi, Texas area so that I can get out more on my Getaway, rather than go solo on my Hobie Wave. I have been sailing many years in this area with excellent knowledge of the bays and various launches. This area is great almost year round for some very beautiful water and winds, and the outdoor activity I enjoy most is sailing. Or anyone bringing his own catamaran, I would enjoy sailing on your rig and showing you how to get around the bays, reefs and islands in this area. So much more interesting than lake sailing by far. You may post to me email as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:15 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I too am in my mid 50s and have a "beach house" in Port Aransas. I purchased a Hobie Wave last summer and keep it in Port A. However, I am just a beginner as I have only taken it out a handful of times. If you are still interested in a sailing partner and can put up with a novice, i would love to join you sometime. We live in Austin but get down to the coast about one or two times a month.

[quote="jhfrierson"]I am re posting a request for a sailing partner for the Rockport/Port Aransas/Corpus Christi, Texas area so that I can get out more on my Getaway, rather than go solo on my Hobie Wave. I have been sailing many years in this area with excellent knowledge of the bays and various launches. This area is great almost year round for some very beautiful water and winds, and the outdoor activity I enjoy most is sailing. Or anyone bringing his own catamaran, I would enjoy sailing on your rig and showing you how to get around the bays, reefs and islands in this area. So much more interesting than lake sailing by far. You may post to me email as well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:01 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I see some replies to my query about a sailing partner in the Rockport, Texas area, so that I can use my Getaway more than the Wave. I am very familiar with the bays from the Port OConnor area to Baffin Bay south of Corpus Christi, and enjoy getting out anytime possible on weekends throughout the year. My em is [email protected] for direct contact, thx.