Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: brush burns
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:41 pm 
Site Admin

Well said Augaug.

While I sometimes feel offended by the "tone" of a message, I also understand that it is difficult to accurately state your mood at times. Sometimes "in text" it can come off wrong.

I try to read around the emotions. I also try to respond without emotion. Sometimes I have to re-write a post several times before submitting.

Thanks for taking a moment to see the bigger picture here. We are a family of sorts with similar interests and should help support each other at all times especially when one of us is down.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:05 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Ah the confort issue - My wife own a Bravo for a few years. The rotomolded surface was a bit rough, but not too rough. My issue with the boat had more to do with size, I'm 6'1" and 210 lbs (on a good day) and found myself to be a bit too big for the boat. I just could not get comfortable, poor fit. My wife is 5'0" and half my weight (oops I really didn't just say that) and fit the boat great. Her only reason to get something else had to do with performance. She wanted more speed and sail options, so we got her a Weta (she would have difficult solo righting a larger cat).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:42 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Murph_PEI wrote:
Hey Jim,

Did you actually rivet into the boat or did you use grommets in the foam material? The pic indicates you might have used grommets installed in the foam.
Not correcting you, I'm actually curious.

Murph, used grommets in the foam mat and then zip tied into the foot straps loosely. Much more comfortable for the ladies and me :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:48 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Cool, thanks for clarifying. I'll be trying this this spring. I didn't really have an issue but added comfort is always added comfort.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:53 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

fastcat wrote:
Ah the confort issue - My wife own a Bravo for a few years. The rotomolded surface was a bit rough, but not too rough. My issue with the boat had more to do with size, I'm 6'1" and 210 lbs (on a good day) and found myself to be a bit too big for the boat. I just could not get comfortable, poor fit. My wife is 5'0" and half my weight (oops I really didn't just say that) and fit the boat great. Her only reason to get something else had to do with performance. She wanted more speed and sail options, so we got her a Weta (she would have difficult solo righting a larger cat).

I don't know how you feel you are big for this boat. I myself am 6'3 and maintain a weight of 240lbs. This boat still flies on a choppy day, averaged 15km/h last weekend and will try to beat that this weekend.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:54 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Consistent GPS 19-20 km/h with 20-22 mph winds.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:48 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I had my new Bravo out this weekend for the first time and I had burns on one knee. LOL! Don't know what that was about, but after the first day it wasn't an issue....maybe my technique improved?