Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hobie fishing team?
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:32 am 
Site Rank - Captain

What do you have to do to become a part of the Hobie fishing team?

I am on my 2nd Hobie kayak, and I don't really ever see myself straying away from Hobie kayaks. I would like to know more about what to do to be a part of the team. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Hobie fishing team?
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:35 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Thanks for your interest in Hobie products and The Hobie Fishing Team.

The Hobie Fishing Team is comprised of 3 important levels: local, regional, and ambassador.

A local team member represents a local Hobie kayak dealer and the dealer in turn sponsors the angler. The entire relationship and sponsorship is between the dealer and local team member. It’s important to note that not all applicants become Team members as dealers are limited to the number of Team members they can have based on budgetary guidelines.

A regional team member is sponsored by our rep in the corresponding area and the team member is expected to represent all dealerships in the reps territory. The rep in turn takes care of his/her regional team member. The rep meets the regional team member’s needs. These positions are limited in number and very competitive.

An ambassador is someone of celebrity status, like Hank Parker, who deals directly with us and is expected to do some traveling to trade shows and various events to represent our company. All requests for product from an ambassador are put through Hobie Cat Company for approval.

Almost all team associations begin at the local team level, and this is what we recommend you do. If you do not already have a Hobie kayak dealer that you would like to work with, you can find one by using our dealer finder on our website. By typing in your zip code, your local dealers will be shown. Once you have located a dealer and established contact with them and discussed your opportunities, you will need to fill in a team application and agreement. Your sponsoring dealer and the rep for your area will need to authorize it by signing it. From there it will be mailed in to Hobie Cat Company for final review. If you are accepted, Hobie Cat Company provides a team equipment package each year for each member in good standing, which includes a variety of team apparel.

Post subject: Re: Hobie fishing team?
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:52 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Jbernier wrote:
Thanks for your interest in Hobie products and The Hobie Fishing Team.

The Hobie Fishing Team is comprised of 3 important levels: local, regional, and ambassador.

A local team member represents a local Hobie kayak dealer and the dealer in turn sponsors the angler. The entire relationship and sponsorship is between the dealer and local team member. It’s important to note that not all applicants become Team members as dealers are limited to the number of Team members they can have based on budgetary guidelines.

A regional team member is sponsored by our rep in the corresponding area and the team member is expected to represent all dealerships in the reps territory. The rep in turn takes care of his/her regional team member. The rep meets the regional team member’s needs. These positions are limited in number and very competitive.

An ambassador is someone of celebrity status, like Hank Parker, who deals directly with us and is expected to do some traveling to trade shows and various events to represent our company. All requests for product from an ambassador are put through Hobie Cat Company for approval.

Almost all team associations begin at the local team level, and this is what we recommend you do. If you do not already have a Hobie kayak dealer that you would like to work with, you can find one by using our dealer finder on our website. By typing in your zip code, your local dealers will be shown. Once you have located a dealer and established contact with them and discussed your opportunities, you will need to fill in a team application and agreement. Your sponsoring dealer and the rep for your area will need to authorize it by signing it. From there it will be mailed in to Hobie Cat Company for final review. If you are accepted, Hobie Cat Company provides a team equipment package each year for each member in good standing, which includes a variety of team apparel.

Thank you! I have already contacted my local Hobie dealer, and I am waiting for a response.