Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:15 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Howdy Folks,

I am new to the forum and am in the process of acquiring an i9s for local lakes & reservoirs,

Cottage Grove, Oregon area,

Please bear with me, I am not computer literate,

I have watched way to many videos on using kayaks, kayak setups, there is not much on the i9s for setting things up, but the fella below I feel is a genius,

I am looking for some help in getting some information on the this fellas videos in his i9s and his platform set up, I think it is genius what he has done, did I say that again ??

his name is apparently Jörg Düren, maybe he is located in Germany ?? he fishes some lake and in the Baltic Sea ??

http://www.youtube.com/user/MeineFliege/videos

you will notice he has a removable setup in his i9s, he has no parts glued to the tubes, it as apparently a tubular base platform, with an adjustable high back chair set above the tubes,

a nice down rigger,

2 articulating rod holders, you will notice the rod holders can be attached to the peddles and create a rhythmic erratic action to the lures,

you will notice some tubes on the left & right of the deck that everything is apparently setup on,

I am looking for some help in getting information and photos of his setup,

any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanking You In Advance

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:28 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I'm guessing that is a custom rig, unless they're commercially available in europe and not the USA. I've never seen one here. Very clever. Leave it to a German to come up with something like that!

I'd guess it's basically one piece & attaches to the seat rings on the floor of the boat. Only thing I don't like is the high center of gravity, as evidenced by the video where he falls off the boat 3 or 4 times!

Have you tried contacting him thru his YouTube channel? Maybe he speaks english.

Sorry I'm not much help. Report back with any info please!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:06 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Howdy Gas Yakker,

Thank You for your response,

I contacted our son who knows computers and am getting some help,

I do like the setup and it must be homemade as some of the joints I can see are apparently 45* cuts and welded, not plastic, copper, or iron pipe curved joints,

I have to also agree the center of gravity is most likely to high, since it is above the tubes, nice adjustable seat back though,

with the help of our son and some frame by frame he apparently only fell out 1 time, but repeated the scene a few times for effect,

we will try contacting him via YouTube,

maybe I should post this in the Fishing section, don't know if that is right to do though since it is already here,

Again Thank You for the response,