Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New NSW Facebook Group!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:30 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi everyone,

I just setup a new Facebook Group, for a NSW Hobie Island Club group/page - previously, NSW/Sydney did not have a group set up on Facebook. Someone did run a Sydney Hobie Island Club page, but it wasn't a proper Facebook Group, so was very hard to post on, plus it was very inactive.

Hopefully having this set up under the Group format will encourage people to join and interact more :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/nswic/

Please come along and join, say hi. I thought to keep it as generic as possible because there are a lot of people in Central Coast, through up to Port Macquarie (and beyond no doubt)...! As well as down south such as the Gong, Jervis Bay, and so forth....so everyone is invited and included! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:02 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Good luck with your new Island club page. Nothing quite like getting a group together for a sail. :D :D

Steve
South East Queensland Island Club

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:17 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined up Damian, and asked you a question on your page regarding converting my existing Mid North Coast Hobie Club page into a group too. I suspect we will have some members in common.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:22 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Cheers gents, let's hope we can get some real exposure / activity happening in the NSW front....it has been so quiet!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:12 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Damian, just a reality check... less than 1/4 of my contacts (NSW Island owners) use Facebook, so I tend to communicate via broadcast emails. I have also been largely unsuccessful in getting them to join the Hobie Island Club (http://www.hobiecat.com.au/hobie-island-club/).

No matter, if you can collect their phone numbers and email addresses, along with the Facebook page, you have all bases covered. Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:18 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

dammit wrote:
Cheers gents, let's hope we can get some real exposure / activity happening in the NSW front....it has been so quiet!

Damian.
Get in touch with your local Hobie Dealers and get them on board.
Sunstate Hobie here in Queensland gets them in contact with our club when they buy their island, and generally promotes the club to other island owners. They also come out and sail with us. We have an official club sail on the first Sunday of each month, with other general sails and fishing days in between. We also have a great relationship with the Hobie Cat club, and have regular joint events. Facebook works very well for us, and is also a great place for people to post photos and videos of their sailing adventures.
Build it and they will come.
Steve

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:51 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Great tips Steve - will get onto that :) Let's hope we can build a good sized group here in NSW to catch up to our counterparts in the other states!