Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:04 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I'm really liking the new 6:1 mainsheet system and the traveller I installed over the winter. The new front camera mount works well too. Pic was taken yesterday, June 5 2017 on Lake Huron just off Chantry Island.

Last edited by maxphunn on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:08 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

That is a great picture! Is it a frame grab from a video or do you have a remote trigger? Do you have any details you could share of the pole and how it's attached?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:21 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

ditto on the cam pole. outfitting my new to me h17, yet to splash her, and I want to have the first splash on the gopro. where can we see more pics?
beautiful boat there, clear cold water. great pic

Post subject: Front camera pole mount
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:13 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks guys, for the compliments on the photo. It is a frame grab from video shot with a Garmin Virb.

The pole mount...this will be tough to describe. The piece that connects the aluminum tube to the Wave crossbar is made from black plastic plumbing bits. The large piece is a 3" ID "T" that I cut a lenghtwise section out, a little less than half, and it snaps around the Wave crossbar. I also cut out the area for the ball mount. On both sides of the large "T" I added a filler or spacer made from a piece of 3" plastic pipe. The small section of black pipe between the aluminum pole and the "T" piece is 1-1/4" ID.

Last edited by maxphunn on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Front camera pole mount
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:18 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Dropped photobucket and swithed to Google photos. This is a test.

Last edited by maxphunn on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:23 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

[quote="maxphunn"]I'm really liking the new 6:1 mainsheet system and the traveller I installed over the winter. The new front camera mount works well too. Pic was taken yesterday, June 5 2017 on Lake Huron just off Chantry Island.

maxphunn, Just picked up a Wave this week. Thinking about on adding a traveler and jib. Did you use the stock Wave Traveler Kit or with the 6:1 main did you install something beefier?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:17 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hello rorr. The traveller and kit is a Hobie accessory for the wave. The 6:1 mainsheet system is from Nautos. Another forum member posted a great write up and comparison of a few mainsheet systems for the wave. Maybe try a search to find it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:44 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks for the the info on the Traveler Kit. This could be one of my winter project. I'm all set for my mainsheet blocks. I have a 7:1 set. Maybe its 8:1. I'm never quite sure how to count to ratio. It came from another cat when I switched from rear sheeting to boom / tramp sheeting.

Bob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:39 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Quote:
I have a 7:1 set. Maybe its 8:1

Just FYI, the general wisdom I've seen repeated on this board is that blocks with such high ratios could slow down sheeting out due to the extra resistance and relatively small sail.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:20 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

leecea wrote:
Quote:
I have a 7:1 set. Maybe its 8:1

Just FYI, the general wisdom I've seen repeated on this board is that blocks with such high ratios could slow down sheeting out due to the extra resistance and relatively small sail.

Good Point. Trouble is those are the blocks I have. A triple w/ becket on top and a triple w/ ratchet & cross over block on the bottom. No real way to turn it into a 6:1. I was hoping to not have to buy more blocks when I have $300+ worth sitting there. As a side note: Those 6:1's make me twitch a little. I see the lines crossing over one another and all I can think is resistance / line wear.